• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Booster jab booking rant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The online covid booster booking system also doesn't allow one to book a booster if one's second jab was less than six months prior.

You'd think it would be smart enough to limit only the actual booked date to after that interval, but it appears to calculate it from today's date (well the date one tries to use the perishing thing)
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      The online covid booster booking system also doesn't allow one to book a booster if one's second jab was less than six months prior.

You'd think it would be smart enough to limit only the actual booked date to after that interval, but it appears to calculate it from today's date (well the date one tries to use the perishing thing)
      You’re allowed to book once you’re + 5 months, but only for a date at least + 6 months. You can’t book less than 6 months for a jab less than 6 months.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post
        Trying to book a booster, since I am just over 6 months from my last jab - originally jabbed under group 6 because of long term meds. Apparently anyone group 1-9 should be able to get it now, regardless of age (late forties). Not eligible for online booking so tried the phone number (119) - 6 and a half minutes of unskippable answerphone options (you can only press the number once the full message has completed, even if you want option 1..), just to get the same outcome from the phone operative - GP hasn't supplied the details, call GP etc. (even harder to get through to them than the jab booking service, but that is another rant).

So here's the thing - why are they even trying to collate all of the GP vulnerability data etc for a second time, when this was already done the first time; the date of your original jabs should be able to serve as all the evidence required to make you eligble for the booster, since I couldn't have had my second jab in May if I wasn't in an eligble group. This would make the whole process much simpler, with effective zero downside (so someone that isn't eligble slips though - who cares?), and with the upside that people who's GPs have cocked up yet again won't be put off.

Anyway, I gave up of course but the online booking will open up for all 40+ from Monday according to the lady on the phone so I'll do it then. Latest evidence suggests a drop from 1/2 chance of symptomatic infection 6+ months after 2nd jab to < 1/10 so worth it I think. It's all over the place here (3 kids in my oldest boys football team tested +ve Monday after he played with them Sat, and the (previously healthy, mid 40's) dad of a girl in my youngest's class died of it last week..).
        think I'm in group 6 as well. I'm on meds so assume it's the same group as you? Anyway, got a text from GP about a month ago, telling me to book. At first online wouldn't let me book but went online next day and it did, so booked booster jab and had it about 3 weeks ago. No issues at all. Strange that the online booking won't let you book it???? I had my 2nd jab mid april, so my booster was literally 6 months and a couple of days later

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

The booking system (for England, can't speak for the devolved nations) says you can book if 152 days have passed since your last injection.

It still says it's available to the over 50's but presume that will be changing based on the comments above and recent announcements.

I wonder if I can get mine done at the Science Museum again?

Comment

Originally posted by silent bob View Post

think I'm in group 6 as well. I'm on meds so assume it's the same group as you? Anyway, got a text from GP about a month ago, telling me to book. At first online wouldn't let me book but went online next day and it did, so booked booster jab and had it about 3 weeks ago. No issues at all. Strange that the online booking won't let you book it???? I had my 2nd jab mid april, so my booster was literally 6 months and a couple of days later
            It's almost certainly because my GP has stuffed up and not sent on the info - this happened first time around as well, but was resolved. I could probably sort this out with the GP but it is pointless now since the online booking is going to open up to all > 40's from Monday, according to the lady on the phone at least.

Comment

I had a slightly different issue.
              Many here know about my health issues so won't repeat.
              I got a text message asking me to get a booster.
              I have had some very nasty side effects from the vaccine previously.
              I had planned to arrange the booster for week commencing 29/11 when someone would be around to help me if the side effects got too s***ty. (Previously my wife was alive and helped with dose 1&2 and the side effects)
              I then started getting pestered by text message to arrange the booster (every 2-3 hours) I gave up in the end. I could only arrange the jab within a 2 day window. It would not give any other dates. The only drop-in centres (which I would have preferred to use) were in Coventry or Birmingham.

Anyway got it done on Thursday and still feel like s**t
              Former IPSE member
              My Website

Comment

Heads up, website now accepting bookings for > 40's, although they haven't updated the front page to say this yet. Got mine booked for next Sat, and sister in law in a similar position to me managed to book for tomorrow morning.

Comment

Heads up, website now accepting bookings for > 40's, although they haven't updated the front page to say this yet. Got mine booked for next Sat, and sister in law in a similar position to me managed to book for tomorrow morning.
                  Just tried and it didn't work for me (not due for a booster until sometime in Jan). I guess you need to also reach the minimum period since the last jab, 5 months, but elsewhere I read that it would accept bookings further out, so not sure it is really opened properly yet.

Comment

Yep, I can book something. The system is showing a number of local pharmacies. I'll be at six months on 19th December and the dates are all from the 18th onwards.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Just tried and it didn't work for me (not due for a booster until sometime in Jan). I guess you need to also reach the minimum period since the last jab, 5 months, but elsewhere I read that it would accept bookings further out, so not sure it is really opened properly yet.
                      Yeah you still need to satisfy the time requirement - you can book from 5 months after second jab for an appointment 6 months after. I'm already over 6 months tho.

Comment

Working...
                      X