• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's not cricket...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

You did see the government's race report earlier in the year? They likely took their cues on how to do a report from that.
    Really you know that for definite? Making subjective remarks that are veiled as indicative is the weapon of the woke. Or are you so so condescending towards the minorities that they can't think for themselves.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Been called Paddy almost everywhere I have worked, from building sites, to global IT companies, never once had a problem with it. Though I admit it doesn't sound so offensive as 'P**i' but where does it begin and where does it end?

It's the delivery (ahem) which makes it offensive.

Garry Ballance calling his friend by the term doesn't seem particularly offensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Really! I would have thought between close friends private cruel banter consented to by both sides is fundamental to free speech. Or do you want to live in Scotland with the thought police!
        Agreed. You would obviously want to be careful and certain they're OK with it but if your friend is OK being affectionately called such things that's their choice. I could similarly take offence at anti-Christian jibes or it could be considered banter depending on the person and the context.

The things said in close friendships are very dangerous weapons out of context in these times, so there is also the argument that you just don't if you are in any position someone might want to use it against you. If you're an MP or a minister or a teacher you probably shouldn't go anywhere near that line!
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
        X