• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What does retirement look like for you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting thread. I am on the verge, plan for a while is not to work any summers, lockdown and needing one last mortgage pushed me back in the game after a very pleasant year off and I kind of got a taste for it after being fairly burned out.
    I am seeing this one through till April then jacking it in.
    I don't really need to work anymore and when you get to that stage, it's really hard for me to put up with the occasional bellends and grief that come along at work. Without the requirement for money or need to keep the job it's much more of a struggle !
    If I can nick the odd 3/4/6 monther through the autumn/winter times, that would do me fine.
    When I had time off, I played a lot of golf, volunteered part time, travelled and had no problem filling days. My only concern is not being well enough to make the most of the time or waiting too long to jack it in.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      a lot of my retirement will focus on sharpening chainsaws
      Oddly enough, my urge to sharpen chainsaws was greatest when Dexter was on the telly and I had a minor falling out with the dissector of human remains at Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde.

It was either that or the wood chipper*.

*Fargo.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
      X