• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unexpected advice from the Daily Mail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unexpected advice from the Daily Mail

"There's no shame in claiming every penny of support you are entitled to get from the Government."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/ne...erts-tips.html

Lots of other blinding flashes of the obvious in there too. For example: Shop at cheaper shops.

Stop buying the Daily Mail would also help

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      Stop buying the Daily Mail would also help
      Why pay for what you can read for a few annoying adverts?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
        "There's no shame in claiming every penny of support you are entitled to get from the Government."
        There isn't if you have been a net taxpayer.
        It when you have claimed and used more than you ever paid in tax that you might have shame.

Comment

You shouldn't.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

There isn't if you have been a net taxpayer.
            It when you have claimed and used more than you ever paid in tax that you might have shame.
            With that mantra , then MOST people will die in shame. Do you know how much end of life care costs the healthcare system?

I'm no expert, but just the power of compound interest and sensible investment should make sure that EVERYONE can take out more than they put in, over a working lifetime. Don't forget that some benefits are taxed too.

Comment

What is classy if you are rich but shameful if you are poor?

Getting money from the government.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post

With that mantra , then MOST people will die in shame. Do you know how much end of life care costs the healthcare system?

I'm no expert, but just the power of compound interest and sensible investment should make sure that EVERYONE can take out more than they put in, over a working lifetime. Don't forget that some benefits are taxed too.
                Very few people, as a proportion of the population, need end of life care that is fully funded by the state. So yes, whilst end of life care can be costly, if you have money then most of that cost is paid privately.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                X