• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More abuse catholic style.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Low self esteem sounds like it applies to many (most) kids? Perhaps one reason why they are so vulnerable and need protection.
    Help! I need a new brush, mine ain't big enough for that generalisation!
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Help! I need a new brush, mine ain't big enough for that generalisation!
      Generalisations are not automatically false. Surely it's hardly controversial, as you get older you realise that everyone else at school was just as insecure as you.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

He gets loads of abuse these days.
        Most of it self .... and there is still a bishop involved
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

That works out at an average of roughly 12 French kids being abused per day over the last 70 years.

But in France there are (a quick Google search reveals) 32,000 churches, 6000 chapels, and 87 cathedrals (not including countless more catholic schools and colleges, and adding them would reduce the already small result below significantly)

So if we assume this abuse was happening at random churches each day, this means that kids were being abused in only 0.03% of churches but were perfectly safe in 99.97% of churches. That's a pretty good record if you ask me!

One could argue that percentage is a sort of daily "Russian roulette" and that even though the probability of being abused on any given day is low, the probability over longer times is higher. But assuming the abuse happened at random churches is totally unrealistic in the first place, because there were probably a small minority of bad clerics abusing many kids in the same church. So the actual risk of abuse in most churches would have been far lower, probably orders of magnitude lower, than even 0.03%
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I think we can probably imagine there is more that wasn't included, but I think we also drastically underestimate (or perhaps deliberately choose not to think about) the amount of child abuse that happens every day generally... the majority of it at home.
            Not to dissimilar to marital abuse and domestic abuse generally, most of it is invisible and never reported.

I could be wrong. Hopefully I am.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I think we can probably imagine there is more that wasn't included, but I think we also drastically underestimate (or perhaps deliberately choose not to think about) the amount of child abuse that happens every day generally... the majority of it at home.
              Not to dissimilar to marital abuse and domestic abuse generally, most of it is invisible and never reported.

I could be wrong. Hopefully I am.
              Sadly you are probably right. Having lived through testimony in court of a sick fecker working his way through his family that still keeps me awake, it happens in my opinion far too often. How often we can tackle the secrets hidden in the family will be limited unless we change our tactics.

But the organised abuse of kids is too difficult to cover up and we should tackle it as often as possible.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X