• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Share buy back

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #21
    Originally posted by Lance View Post

    so a bloke with a million pound is gong to buy a company worth a million ponds, for a million pounds, and make no money out of it.
    Sure it'll work. But why? What's the point?
    The same reason that a bloke buys a pile of bricks for X amount - Or that the buyer believes there is inherent value in the business or IP associated with previous contracts

    Believe it or not you can spend your cash on whatever you want and its only a problem if the person spent it has been duped - If someone wants to buy a classic car for ten times its original price what are we know - Or a painting for £XX

    Comment


      #22
      Originally posted by Lance View Post

      so a bloke with a million pound is gong to buy a company worth a million ponds, for a million pounds, and make no money out of it.
      Sure it'll work. But why? What's the point?
      Imagine the bloke is an elderly relative.
      They buy the shares in the company, then set up multiple directors/shareholders with one or two love value shares - maybe even including swindlers in Switzerland. Then when uncle Ernie pops his clogs, the family inherit the company and pay less tax on that.

      It's not about ethics, or societal values, it's all about the hard cash. There's nothing else in a hollow life.
      {emotionless greeting}

      Three Word Slogan

      Comment


        #23
        Originally posted by WTFH View Post

        Imagine the bloke is an elderly relative.
        They buy the shares in the company, then set up multiple directors/shareholders with one or two love value shares - maybe even including swindlers in Switzerland. Then when uncle Ernie pops his clogs, the family inherit the company and pay less tax on that.

        It's not about ethics, or societal values, it's all about the hard cash. There's nothing else in a hollow life.
        Ok. I hadn't though of anything so complex.

        I do wonder why the Swiss resident wouldn't just MVL the company though. He gets the cash directly that way.
        See You Next Tuesday

        Comment


          #24
          Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post

          The same reason that a bloke buys a pile of bricks for X amount - Or that the buyer believes there is inherent value in the business or IP associated with previous contracts

          Believe it or not you can spend your cash on whatever you want and its only a problem if the person spent it has been duped - If someone wants to buy a classic car for ten times its original price what are we know - Or a painting for £XX
          jamesbrown has got your number
          See You Next Tuesday

          Comment


            #25
            Originally posted by Lance View Post

            Ok. I hadn't though of anything so complex.

            I do wonder why the Swiss resident wouldn't just MVL the company though. He gets the cash directly that way.
            I suspect he doesn't MVL it because it is probably providing a nice tax-reduced income to a few friends and family, and company cars all round.

            Or, more likely, it doesn't exist and he's fantasising about what he would do if he had ever successfully contracted in his life
            {emotionless greeting}

            Three Word Slogan

            Comment


              #26
              Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
              That is why I went to the trouble of highlighting the steps that would need to be done
              Five steps to offload a million quid. Load of trouble that was.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

              Comment


                #27
                What is MM? In Roman numerals that's 2000.

                Comment


                  #28
                  Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  What is MM? In Roman numerals that's 2000.
                  Much Mince.

                  Comment


                    #29
                    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    What is MM? In Roman numerals that's 2000.
                    Moistened Minge
                    See You Next Tuesday

                    Comment


                      #30
                      Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      What is MM? In Roman numerals that's 2000.
                      Mutual Masterba Moderation
                      {emotionless greeting}

                      Three Word Slogan

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X