• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whats the longest time you have queued for petrol this last week or so?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0 mins,

Filled the car up Thursday night to drive to visit the parents who are over from Spain, still have a full tank today as also on Thursday MrsMac and Cost Center 3 tested positive for COVID so stayed home this weekend
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I wonder how all this is affecting sales and interest in EVs?
      https://www.theguardian.com/business...-chip-shortage

The number of electric cars sold in the UK last month neared the figures for the whole of 2019, with panic-buying at the petrol pumps expected to accelerate consumer appetite to switch to cleaner vehicles. Nearly 33,000 pure electric cars were registered in a record month for EVs, almost 50% more than last year, as sales of new cars otherwise tumbled to the weakest September total for more than two decades.

Comment

Any update on fuel situation in London please?! Are there still queues and is it possible to get fuel ?

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
          Any update on fuel situation in London please?! Are there still queues and is it possible to get fuel ?
          I thought you weren't in the UK any more?

I haven't been out to top up yet. I may give it a go tomorrow

No idea how up to date it is
          https://www.londonworld.com/news/tra...ortage-3399270

Last edited by ladymuck; 5 October 2021, 19:41.

Comment

Um, I "made" some Diesel. 100 Litres of Kerosene from the heating oil tank. 2 stroke oil at 128:1 and a can of Liquid Moly Lubricity additive.

Put it in a 163hp D5 and drove around the farm. Fantasised about sticking it to the man and driving into town waving 2 fingers at HMRC, but bottled it. Diesel Injector Compensation values look OK & fuel filter is clean. Recipe found at billtheoilguy.

Went an bought IPA like a real man in the Mini.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
              ... a 163hp D5 ...
              Moving up in the world from German to Swedish?

...just watch the engine doesn't fall out. I hear the XC60 is known for that when it comes up against a proper car.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I went out on my motorcycle yesterday to get fuel, no fuel at the first one, huge queue at the next. Started raining so I went home again. May try further afield today.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I thought you weren't in the UK any more?
                  Don't tell me you believe anything he says?..
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yes, it's possible to get fuel. It costs 10 seconds of a contractor's time per litre, or about 20 years of the equivalent permie.

Best bet is to bring fuel with you from your Swiss bunker, or increase your cousin's spending limit on your company credit card.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by 56samba View Post

I went out on my motorcycle yesterday to get fuel, no fuel at the first one, huge queue at the next. Started raining so I went home again. May try further afield today.
                      London update: been to 5 petrol stations this morning, all out of fuel. I suspect some extreme attempt to get me to do some work today.

Comment

Working...
                      X