• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whats the longest time you have queued for petrol this last week or so?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    0 minutes
    I filled up at beginning of September and now have 3/4 of a tank left. Being in London I can get around myself by avoiding driving e.g. walk, cycle, public transport. It's if have to pick things up and drop them off I have issues.

All the petrol stations near me have no fuel. The last tanker delivery for the one nearest was on the Saturday last week. They normally get one delivery a week like all the other petrol stations that aren't supermarket ones.
    ah one of Maggies little failures!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Zero minutes, but then the car has not moved all week either. Need to drive to the Welsh border tomorrow from Birmingham which should leave me with a 1/4 tank diesel. It will all have blown over by next week (hopefully). Might need to fill up the week after.

Wife's car has 60 miles left in the tank, but I have a Jerry can that has some petrol for the lawn mower that needs using as it a few months old now so will chuck that in this weekend. We like to keep 100 mile + in it in case she has to see her elderly farther urgently. No doubt the neighbours will comment when they see me doing that.
      Last edited by BlueSharp; 2 October 2021, 13:00.
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

0 minutes. Found a small petrol station in the middle of nowhere with eye watering prices.

At first I thought they were still pricing in gallons, turns out it was in litres
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

What trains and tubes?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            What trains and tubes?
            https://fullfact.org/news/margaret-thatcher-bus/

We can’t prove whether Mrs Thatcher did or didn’t say this, but it appears that the phrase was originally coined by an acquaintance of one Loelia, the Duchess of Westminster, and then popularised by the duchess. At some point it became common to attribute the quote to Mrs Thatcher.

The Daily Telegraph reported in the duchess’s obituary that she once said: “Anybody seen in a bus over the age of 30 has been a failure in life.”
            is one more of the lies the left made up.

Comment

0 mins.
              My new motor dosen't need petrol!
              Click image for larger version

Name:	1633039487_MPIC016064_TDX%20SP2%20NB%20UK.jpg?itok=aY0O4qFN.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	4185586

Former IPSE member
              My Website

Comment

Popped to a local independent today. All fuels available on all pumps (including red diesel). We were the only car there ~2pm apart from some chap filling a big can of red.

That said our local BP was down to a single pump earlier in the week, petrol only - but still no queue.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Have you heard of something called 'a breathalyzer'?
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
                    Any insights on queues in London ?! North London to be more precise. Thank you in advance
                    yeah - no queues in North London - as there is NO fuel. Most stations are closed when I drove past yesterday.

When there is fuel the queues are massive - took some kids 3 hours to get to school the other day on the bus.

seems to be a north south divide going on

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

Have you heard of something called 'a breathalyzer'?
                      I don't drive drunk so its not a problem. Ever heard of taxis or Friends?

Comment

Working...
                      X