• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Updating my home conference kit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    This ought to be in technical...

MS did something and that functionality no longer works and neither MS nor Jabra are taking responsibility for it.
    It may be the result of MS removing USB passthrough from Windows 10 for non-disk devices some reason. https://www.altaro.com/hyper-v/hyper-v-usb/
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorBanking View Post

Thanks for the feedback, the headset issue is not a dealbreaker but understand it can be annoying.

TBH, I'll mainly be using the speakerphone but occasionally headset is preferable if I need to walk around the house or client call quality is not great. Good to have that flexibility.

And thanks for mentioning the lighting as I struggle at some times of the day. I'll research this area too so any recommendations would be great.
      I would consider the halo lights that go around the webcam. I have a Lume Cube panel mini that I'm not very impressed with as lighting for webcams (it's good for use for WhatApp chats using the iPhone, but the further away from the camera, the less use it is).
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Stupid question and I've probably answered it myself but I get a reflection from my laptop camera in my glasses so constantly have to move my head to make sure you can't see the screen in them. I assume having an external camera will have a different angle so won't see the reflection of the screen? I don't think it's such a deal I have to invest in a camera specificly to remove this but it's something I'm concious of on calls.

Anyone else have problems with glasses and video calls?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I have a diddy 'in ear' plantronics headset (the voyager legend) which has been really reliable but I get ear ache from that too. As it's so small, that's my travel headset now.
          I used to have a Voyager Legend and it was fantastic - when it eventually broke I upgraded to the newer Voyager 5200 and it really isn't as good IMHO, but I rarely use it now I've been WFH'ing

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Stupid question and I've probably answered it myself but I get a reflection from my laptop camera in my glasses so constantly have to move my head to make sure you can't see the screen in them. I assume having an external camera will have a different angle so won't see the reflection of the screen? I don't think it's such a deal I have to invest in a camera specificly to remove this but it's something I'm concious of on calls.

Anyone else have problems with glasses and video calls?
            HWMBO wears glasses - he said: lighting, anti-glare coating on the lenses and getting your position right. Having your PC in dark mode also helps.
            Last edited by ladymuck; 28 September 2021, 11:41.

Comment

I used a gaming headset for conferences- my Logitech (35 works a treat and the microphone's sound quality is pretty good.

Comment

HWMBO wears glasses - good lighting should be able to counter that
                Pffff.. I don't think so
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Pffff.. I don't think so
                  I didn't say his prescription was correct

Comment

Working...
                  X