• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Energy Crisis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with Ovo..... you'll all be joining me soon
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      I'm with Ovo..... you'll all be joining me soon
      I change energy supplier every year (or twice if one goes bust) so I've been with Ovo before. I'm just scared I will be ported to e.on....
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/don...ys-2021-09-23/

Don't panic

Don't Panic

DON'T PANIC!!!!
        I think this deserves it's own thread...

Comment

Fear not. Gas prices will never rise above the point where burning £10 notes generates the same heat as £10 of gas.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
            Fear not. Gas prices will never rise above the point where burning £10 notes generates the same heat as £10 of gas.
            That literally sounds like something Boris the Bastard would say to all world leaders today.
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

PFP Energy has gone - you are now all with British Gas.

https://pfpenergy.co.uk/

It is with regret that we must announce that PfP Energy is ceasing to trade.

The energy regulator Ofgem has appointed British Gas to take on supplying PFP Energy’s customers.

Ofgem state “Under our safety net we’ll make sure your energy supplies continue. If you are a domestic customer with credit on your PFP account this is protected and you will not lose the money that is owed to you.”

Their advice is to not switch to another energy supplier until British Gas have been in contact with the new tariff prices.

In the meantime, please take a meter reading and submit it to us via email to [email protected] or by calling us on 01772 395777. British Gas will also contact you for this meter read.

All residential customers are still able to access the My Account portal to view their bills or make payments.

You will find a list of Frequently Asked Questions here, or for free impartial advice you can contact the CAB (Citizens Advice Bureau) on 0808 223 1133.

Last edited by SueEllen; 24 September 2021, 12:29.

Comment

It appears that Avro Energy may have re-directed funds through their parent company, Avro Group and into other companies owned by the father & son behind them all.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

That literally sounds like something Boris the Bastard would say to all world leaders today.
                  Please keep using gas as you normally do, do not panic buy gas.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I change energy supplier every year (or twice if one goes bust) so I've been with Ovo before. I'm just scared I will be ported to e.on....
                    Yeah same here. SSE at present but it's like car insurance , I end up with a new provider each year !

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      It appears that Avro Energy may have re-directed funds through their parent company, Avro Group and into other companies owned by the father & son behind them all.
                      linky - https://www.cityam.com/avro-energy-u...-family-firms/

The boss of Avro Energy reportedly used the recently collapsed energy firm to pump more than £3m into his family’s other businesses and accounts.

The firm’s collapse has led to around 580,000 families fearing higher bills this winter and is the biggest failure of a household supplier so far amid the UK’s gas crisis.

Jake Brown, who began the company in 2014 and his father Andrew, who joined the business in 2017, have reportedly not invested any of their own money into the company, which has instead been financed by the advance fees paid by customers, according to The Times.

Avro Energy handed an £830,000 unsecured, interest-free loan to a construction company controlled by Brown and his father – Berkeley Swiss Limited – accounts for associated companies reportedly showed.

Another £2.25m in management charges for an advertising agency called Sendito Marketing, owned by the Browns was also recorded. While an additional £163,656 worth of loans to the father and son have also been recorded in the most recent accounts, The Times alleged.

Brown, 27, and his father own half of the shares in Avro Group each, which has reportedly acted as a holding company for other family firms.

After expanding rapidly as an energy challenger in a market dominated by giants, its turnover swelled from £80m in 2017 to £390m in the 18 months to June 2019. Though the company still recorded a £28m profit loss.

City A.M. has requested Jake Brown for comment.

Comment

Working...
                      X