• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris might not have an ounce of common sense but...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris might not have an ounce of common sense but...

"Metric system to return" - not seen this on BBC News yet but it's everywhere else.

Of course it's really just a repeal of the ban on using non-metric measurements than ditching the metric system. Poor millennials they are going to be so confused.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Poor millennials they are going to be so confused.

They are still mourning us leaving Europe.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

They are still mourning us leaving Europe.
      We haven't left Europe, we've left the yet to be officially declared state of Europe, with it's unelected Presidents (and I've yet to hear a rational reason why it needs 2 Presidents, presumably one the French agree with, and one for the Germans).
      Last edited by Mordac; 17 September 2021, 22:55.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

We haven't left Europe, we've left the yet to be officially declared state of Europe, with it's unelected Presidents (and I've yet to hear a rational reason why it needs 2 Presidents, presumably one the French agree with, and one for the Germans).
        oops forgot the sarcasm tag.

We are still firmly in the geographic area of Europe, it is doubtful we will ever leave the physics are too complicated. However we are no longer subject to the rule of the federal Europe the French & Germans have been having wet dreams about since Napoleon.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

unelected Presidents
          I know that the word "unelected" triggers eurosceptics, but you do understand, don't you, that the presidents of the EU are elected by the government representatives within the EU, and that unlike the US or French President, they have no executive powers. They are pretty much the person who presides over meetings.

Just checking.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

So we are going to end up with satellites that cannot be launched into space due to working with teams that use metric measurements while us and the US use imperial?

Like this story - https://www.simscale.com/blog/2017/1...rbiter-metric/

I seriously doubt that small retailers are going to invest in imperial scales as it has taken them until Covid to get card readers..
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              I know that the word "unelected" triggers eurosceptics, but you do understand, don't you, that the presidents of the EU are elected by the government representatives within the EU, and that unlike the US or French President, they have no executive powers. They are pretty much the person who presides over meetings.

Just checking.
              And of course the pro-Brexit group largely overlaps the pro-Monarchy group. They only want unelected British leaders able to override parliament.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                I seriously doubt that small retailers are going to invest in imperial scales as it has taken them until Covid to get card readers..
                I think you just press a button dear. Most electric scales still seem to support imperial, presumably due to the US.

Comment

In contrast with an unelected Queen and unelected House of Lords?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

In contrast with an unelected Queen and unelected House of Lords?
                    But they're our Queen and Lords

Comment

Working...
                    X