• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freedom loving republicans get government to protect them from discrimination

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freedom loving republicans get government to protect them from discrimination

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-58516155

Got to be some irony there surely, the sort of people who preach free market ideals and would be up in arms (literally) if a cake shop is told it cannot refuse service to a gay couple, need government to regulate Facebook's ability to deny them access to its platform.

Maybe Donald will legally become a Texan so he can get back online?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

That's crazy.

If I was such a technology company I would just block users based on location so de-platform an entire state.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

"This bill abandons conservative values, violates the First Amendment"

So long as it don't touch the Second Amendment, the Texans won't mind.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-58516155
        Got to be some irony there surely, the sort of people who preach free market ideals and would be up in arms (literally) if a cake shop is told it cannot refuse service to a gay couple, need government to regulate Facebook's ability to deny them access to its platform.
        A family run shop is not a Trillion dollar corporate monopoly raking in billions every year like Facebook.

These social media companies are like utility companies now. People and companies need a social media profile for social and business success.

It would be a like an electricity or water company refusing to service customers they don't like.

Also the likes of Twitter are happy to give the Taliban a voice but will quickly ban people in the West for relatively mild political views. The Taliban can execute and murder gay and transgender people in the most gruesome ways and still get to keep an account. But dont you dare tweet anything even slightly questioning trans stuff, will result in account termination.

https://www.itv.com/the-taliban-has-over-800k-twitter-followers

(Edit: Feck facebook really is worth over 1 Trillion dollars, last time i checked they were worth about half that, but the share price has been soaring recently).
        Last edited by Fraidycat; 12 September 2021, 09:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

A family run shop is not a Trillion dollar corporate monopoly raking in billions every year like Facebook..
          So you're saying we shouldn't all be bound by the same laws? FB isn't a monopoly either.

The point is the people crying to to the government are the people who are ideologically opposed to government regulation. Except when it's regulation that benefits them.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
          X