• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Covid jabs for teenagers to improve mental health

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid jabs for teenagers to improve mental health

Chris Whitty 'will approve Covid jabs for teenagers because it will boost their mental health and social development' but 12-15 year olds may only get ONE dose because of rare heart complication risk

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...al-health.html

He is a medical advisor so I want to hear medical benefits for using a vaccine - his opinion on mental health is not relevant.
    Chris Whitty worries about mental health impacts is a bit hypocritcal! and there is an acknowledged heart risk

Do you think teenagers should get the jab?

Do you have a better source? Sorry don't believe the Daily Mail when they quote stories.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

No - but as I dont read the fail I saw it reported somewhere else than just googled and the article came up

Comment

In the long for us as a country it would be better for us to send the vaccines aboard for adults in other countries to have rather than giving it to secondary aged children.

There are measures we should be taking to minimise children catching it and passing it on, but it seems easier for the government to just say jab children.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          In the long for us as a country it would be better for us to send the vaccines aboard for adults in other countries to have rather than giving it to secondary aged children.

There are measures we should be taking to minimise children catching it and passing it on, but it seems easier for the government to just say jab children.
          The idea that there is a limited amount of vaccines sort of fly in the face of the fact the world created a few billion vaccines in a year and is building the capacity for booster shots.

Its not either/or we need to produce enough for everyone at £2.50 a shot. Various governments need to pay for it, maybe we can all chip in, some dictators can sell their beamers.

The first job of a government is to protect their citizens, inject the kids and stop it circulating in the schools just as we do with other illnesses.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

The idea that there is a limited amount of vaccines sort of fly in the face of the fact the world created a few billion vaccines in a year and is building the capacity for booster shots.

Its not either/or we need to produce enough for everyone at £2.50 a shot. Various governments need to pay for it, maybe we can all chip in, some dictators can sell their beamers.

The first job of a government is to protect their citizens, inject the kids and stop it circulating in the schools just as we do with other illnesses.
            The vaccine will not prevent you from catching or transmitting the virus.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
              Chris Whitty 'will approve Covid jabs for teenagers because it will boost their mental health and social development' but 12-15 year olds may only get ONE dose because of rare heart complication risk

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...al-health.html

He is a medical advisor so I want to hear medical benefits for using a vaccine - his opinion on mental health is not relevant.
              I'm sorry, mental health isn't a medical issue?

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Yes, it probably* will.

*about 75% likely I think?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

The WHO disagree

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/co...ine-comparison
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    No, they don't.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                    X