• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are people here still masking up with in shops and public transport?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not wearing one but I wish people who had the sniffles or a cough wore one still... I see too many people without a mask who have a cough. I was hopeful that a permanent change in society is that people who are sick would stay home or mask up... but nope.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
      I am not wearing one but I wish people who had the sniffles or a cough wore one still... I see too many people without a mask who have a cough. I was hopeful that a permanent change in society is that people who are sick would stay home or mask up... but nope.
      I am quite surprised we didn't see such a change but I guess masks became too emotive/political an issue. You don't wear one because you refuse to be controlled, you do wear one because you're a fearful sheep, etc.
      There's a lot of benefit and simple courtesy to wearing one if you're ill but the UK is a peculiar nation.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Interesting one this. A good number of the population don't fully understand a cold and flu.

You don't actually know when you are being attacked by the cold or flu virus. All the effects you feel are the after affects of your body fighting it, which take a few days to kick in. You are most infectious during the periods you don't know you have it. Also for a good duration when you've got it admittedly but to a lesser extent by which point you are probably already too sick to go out or don't mingle.

There was a fascinating Horizon programme on it years ago that explained why everything happened but it's all in reaction to the virus, not caused by it. So masking up once you are showing symptoms is too late.

Granted it's still worthwhile while you have the coughs and sneezes yes but you are likely to be past the point of max infection at that point so it's too late.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Some people with sniffles and a cough have other diseases that aren't contiguous.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Some people with sniffles and a cough have other diseases that aren't contiguous.
            painful gets better and better

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Like brain-addling diseases?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Like brain-addling diseases?
                Cough Cough
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Used to be we'd cough to cover a fart. Now we fart to cover a cough.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Interesting one this. A good number of the population don't fully understand a cold and flu.

You don't actually know when you are being attacked by the cold or flu virus. All the effects you feel are the after affects of your body fighting it, which take a few days to kick in. You are most infectious during the periods you don't know you have it. Also for a good duration when you've got it admittedly but to a lesser extent by which point you are probably already too sick to go out or don't mingle.

There was a fascinating Horizon programme on it years ago that explained why everything happened but it's all in reaction to the virus, not caused by it. So masking up once you are showing symptoms is too late.

Granted it's still worthwhile while you have the coughs and sneezes yes but you are likely to be past the point of max infection at that point so it's too late.
                    For covid specifically you are most contagious after symptoms onset, first 5 days specifically. You are contagious the 2 days prior to it sure but you're more contagious once symptoms onset. Not sure about flu/cold you could be right.

Comment

For covid specifically you are most contagious after symptoms onset, first 5 days specifically. You are contagious the 2 days prior to it sure but you're more contagious once symptoms onset. Not sure about flu/cold you could be right.
                      Incorrect. Any virus is most contagious before it's being attacked. When it's free reign to muliply unabated. Covid is the same.

When Is the Coronavirus the Most Contagious?

Researchers estimate that people who get infected with the coronavirus can spread it to others 2 to 3 days before symptoms start and are most contagious 1 to 2 days before they feel sick.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X