• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: milkshakes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I think its bout time to cut furlough & benefits...
    They should tax pensions too.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I think its bout time to cut furlough & benefits...
      when you've been useless your entire life but still get decent money (or better than min wage) you grow a sense of entitlement.
      you question how it is that you are useless(you probably know it inside of you) but still mildly successful - so you start to believe that you are actually good at something.

not that the system that we live in uses bulltulip jobs to buy the silence of a few, and 'job for food' for the ones that are actually necessary.

no, we should implement universal basic income because we've just proved that eastern europeans were not the problem, companies are still treating you like garbage and maybe give you a 9£ph job and signing bonus. but with the current prices and inflation you will still struggle especially now that rents are going up again.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

when you've been useless your entire life but still get decent money (or better than min wage) you grow a sense of entitlement.
        Damn right I do!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Damn right I do!

I think we all do. We all have a little midget in our head that keeps telling us we are not enough. The impostor syndrome a lot of people in tech have.

And for the above part, I've seen it written in The social animal by Elliot Aronson.
          It comes described as 'cognitive dissonance', some kind of pain our brain feels when there are two conflicting opinions.
          1) I am useless 2) I make good money while other people struggle.
          So you tend to change your opinion afterwards to make comfort with that situation which in most cases is inflating your own ego.
          ( I do not think you are useless btw, you seem a kind well intended person, I don't believe money is relevant or correlated with skill, sometimes even inversely correlated with skill. But kudos to people that know how to negotiate and get the most, that is the part to appreciate, I do not have any resentment there. )

works also in different ways: for example if you get paid poorly for doing a job and you still accept to do it without a strong justification (such as I am caressed by the system in working for food) you tend to enjoy the job a bit more than if you would take it for the money. And vice versa...

we are indeed social animals and have some ways in which our brain reacts which are predictable and HR departments and companies are using against us.

I would expect some people around here to be more well rounded and considerate for the human beings. Contracting is a more honest way to deal with work, you get exposure to more companies and it is also more harsh on you. Without the intelligence to deal with those situations I definitely doubt how people around here have been successful contractors in the past.
          Last edited by GigiBronz; 25 August 2021, 08:35.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

They should tax pensions too.
            they will just inflate them away.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              "McDonald’s runs out of milkshakes and bottled drinks

Burger chain is latest victim of supply chain chaos strikes and follows KFC being forced to take some items off its menu due to shortages

McDonald's has run out of milkshakes and bottled drinks at 1,250 outlets after becoming the latest victim of the supply chain chaos.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

you question how it is that you are useless(you probably know it inside of you) but still mildly successful - so you start to believe that you are actually good at something.

not that the system that we live in uses bulltulip jobs to buy the silence of a few, and 'job for food' for the ones that are actually necessary.

no, we should implement universal basic income because we've just proved that eastern europeans were not the problem, companies are still treating you like garbage and maybe give you a 9£ph job and signing bonus. but with the current prices and inflation you will still struggle especially now that rents are going up again.
                Hey speak for yourself.

I do have a little voice I hear that says "I didn't do that well enough" so like any rational person I review the competition and realise I did it better than them or they were better than me because and I evolve. This shushes the voice. Comparing your performance to others is healthy unless you obsess about it.

I don't have feelings of inadequacy like you , I would suggest you need help with that.

Most competent people who drive themselves recognise they are inherently lucky, we were born in the UK not in a Trumphole country, we get free healthcare and affordable education. I grew up in a loving family and despite some unpleasantness in education I have a decent set of qualifications and earning power after changing profession again and again as professions became dead ends. I don't feel entitled, I feel lucky.

Comment

Hey speak for yourself.

I do have a little voice I hear that says "I didn't do that well enough" so like any rational person I review the competition and realise I did it better than them or they were better than me because and I evolve. This shushes the voice. Comparing your performance to others is healthy unless you obsess about it.

I don't have feelings of inadequacy like you , I would suggest you need help with that.

Most competent people who drive themselves recognise they are inherently lucky, we were born in the UK not in a Trumphole country, we get free healthcare and affordable education. I grew up in a loving family and despite some unpleasantness in education I have a decent set of qualifications and earning power after changing profession again and again as professions became dead ends. I don't feel entitled, I feel lucky.
                  I would expect to see more humbleness and holistic approach to life. Especially from someone that claims to have life and work experience.

Comment

I would expect to see more humbleness and holistic approach to life. Especially from someone that claims to have life and work experience.
                    Did you read my post?

There is a difference between being humble and depressed.

I am lucky=humble.
                    I changed career when it became obvious it was a dead end= Holistic
                    I compare myself to others and prove I am better than you Giggle = Holistic

Comment

Back on topic, Nigel Farage, Stephen Yaxley-Lenon, Crafty Grimes, Jayda Fransen, etc, can now feel safe out on the streets.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X