• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All hail our Nige!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

sorry are the stats & numbers a bit confusing?

GBNEWS is a 24 hour rolling news station, BBC news is the same. Talking while the news is on BBC1 waiting for strictly come dancing or homes under the hammer is not comparable.

They compared like for like and his viewing figures were much larger than the equivalent programs by the leading broadcasters.

One assumes you are a crap accountant because Adam Smith is better than you?
    Hmmm, interesting. They selected his single time slot, to compare with a generic rolling news feed on 2 other channels. Not really like for like is it fella?

I never said I was a good accountant*. But I am successful with shoot loads of money, so who's the daddy?

* I'm a shoot accountant ... never really practiced. Went to the systems side after qualifying as that's where all the dosh really is. HTH?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Hmmm, interesting. They selected his single time slot, to compare with a generic rolling news feed on 2 other channels. Not really like for like is it fella?

I never said I was a good accountant*. But I am successful with shoot loads of money, so who's the daddy?

* I'm a shoot accountant ... never really practiced. Went to the systems side after qualifying as that's where all the dosh really is. HTH?
      Where does it say that, it suggests they compared the same time on the other channels? I suppose you could argue comparing expense claims for mileage are substantially different because one person has a mini and the other has a volvo.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Where does it say that, it suggests they compared the same time on the other channels? I suppose you could argue comparing expense claims for mileage are substantially different because one person has a mini and the other has a volvo.
        It's comparing the three channels at 7 o'clock. Sky and Beeb are rolling news channels so people don't turn on at a specific time to watch those channels, they jump on and off. Old Nige's show is a specific show that a few people tuned in to. It's comparing apples to oranges fella.

Be more interesting to look at the viewing figures for the BBC1 6 o'clock news, as that is a show that view are more likely to cllick on specifically. And same for the ITV3/4 etc prime news slots too.

Oh, but then the story wouldn't be quite so good for you Br***diots would it

Made it easy for you ... here are the figures : https://www.thinkbox.tv/research/bar...rammes-report/

A smidge higher than 107,000
        Nice try though ... the Wail must be so proud that they have gullible readers like you
        Last edited by Whorty; 30 July 2021, 20:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Warrty View Post

I compared apples with squirrel poo then got insulting.
          FTFY

Comment

FTFY
            Interesting .... so no comment on me proving that your post was absolute tosh? As usual fella, you run away when proven wrong

Comment

Interesting .... so no comment on me proving that your post was absolute tosh? As usual fella, you run away when proven wrong
              Trying to prove to vetran the daily mail posts BS is like trying to convince a Jehova Witness there's no god. Just say "yeah whatever"

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                Whether you like him or not the most influential politician of a generation.
                No one has had a bigger effect on the politics of the UK for many years if ever
                B***** would not have been a consideration were it not for Nige.
                Farrage is an popularist and will say and do anything to reach his goal. This reminds me of my friends mother (RIP) whom I knew for 50 years. She was a lovely kind but a naïve person. She talked about WW2 and the occupation by the allies. She was an active German Nazi, she showed photographs when she campaigned for Hitler and she was in awe and admiration of Hitler’s speeches at rallies. She was active during elections. She thought a new world order would come about and things would be better. ( reminds me of Brexit) It was only during WW2 that in her own words, “Hitler had gone too far and it was too late to do anything as people’s freedom had been taken away.” During the occupation she married a British Army Officer and then lived in the UK.

Farrage is a very persuasive person, but he is very dangerous. As I predicted, his extremism would not stop at Brexit. Like a blackmailer, he will get what he wants and then make further demand.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

you didn't prove me wrong I'm waiting for you to manage that one day, you just doubled down on your stupidity as usual.
                  Last edited by vetran; 31 July 2021, 11:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Farrage is an popularist and will say and do anything to reach his goal. This reminds me of my friends mother (RIP) whom I knew for 50 years. She was a lovely kind but a naïve person. She talked about WW2 and the occupation by the allies. She was an active German Nazi, she showed photographs when she campaigned for Hitler and she was in awe and admiration of Hitler’s speeches at rallies. She was active during elections. She thought a new world order would come about and things would be better. ( reminds me of Brexit) It was only during WW2 that in her own words, “Hitler had gone too far and it was too late to do anything as people’s freedom had been taken away.” During the occupation she married a British Army Officer and then lived in the UK.

Farrage is a very persuasive person, but he is very dangerous. As I predicted, his extremism would not stop at Brexit. Like a blackmailer, he will get what he wants and then make further demand.
                    Ah yes the Farage is a NAZI gambit. Similar accusations could be made against most politicians, B'liar and Corbyn were very scary if you didn't adore them.

The thing you should find really scary is that the German people let this happen twice, once with Kaiser Bill and once with Adolf.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                      Whether you like him or not the most influential politician of a generation.
                      No one has had a bigger effect on the politics of the UK for many years if ever
                      B***** would not have been a consideration were it not for Nige.

Ah yes the Farage is a NAZI gambit. Similar accusations could be made against most politicians, B'liar and Corbyn were very scary if you didn't adore them.

The thing you should find really scary is that the German people let this happen twice, once with Kaiser Bill and once with Adolf.
                      The causes WW1 were not the same as WW2. In my opinion Napoleon's conquests were a great contributor to WW1 along with the British, French and German expansion of their empires and fighting over the recourses in Africa
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X