• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All hail our Nige!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

The causes WW1 were not the same as WW2. In my opinion Napoleon's conquests were a great contributor to WW1 along with the British, French and German expansion of their empires and fighting over the recourses in Africa
    Yes because proxy countries as a cause, empire expansion (Be it British/French or German) and genocide (Belgians/Armenian / non Aryan) are so different 21 years apart.

https://historydaily.org/differences...d-world-war-ii

There are similarities between the two wars. In both wars, a certain group of people were singled out for genocide. In both wars, certain empires were attempting to achieve world domination. The differences between the two wars are that, in the first one, it was more about domination of land and resources and in the second one, it was more about ideologies and creating a communist society.
    Arguably the first world war was the last large one that was driven by monarchies rather than governments, so ideologies were more likely to be the forefront.

Sorry blaming the punitive treaty of Versailles is not enough to excuse Germany's behaviour.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
      Whether you like him or not the most influential politician of a generation.
      No one has had a bigger effect on the politics of the UK for many years if ever
      B***** would not have been a consideration were it not for Nige.
      Originally posted by vetran View Post

Yes because proxy countries as a cause, empire expansion (Be it British/French or German) and genocide (Belgians/Armenian / non Aryan) are so different 21 years apart.

https://historydaily.org/differences...d-world-war-ii

Arguably the first world war was the last large one that was driven by monarchies rather than governments, so ideologies were more likely to be the forefront.

Sorry blaming the punitive treaty of Versailles is not enough to excuse Germany's behaviour.
      Agreed but don't exclude the British from genocide.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

you didn't prove me wrong I'm waiting for you to manage that one day, you just doubled down on your stupidity as usual.
        I really did mate. You compared a prime slot Nige show of 107,000 against a rolling news channel. I gave you the numbers for the prime slot BBC1 news show that has viewer numbers of 3.5m plus each day. The BBC1 10 o'clock show has figures of c.3.5m too.

I'll let you work out whether 107k is higher or lower than 3.5m
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Agreed but don't exclude the British from genocide.
          British Army, British east India company (etc) or the british population?

Our Army was starting to improve but yes we had a long history of doing unpleasant stuff.

The improvements were partially due to the Geneva conventions and the rise of organisations like the red cross and newspapers starting to ask why are we killing all these Natives?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Geneva_Convention

The East India company was rather brutal.

The British people were mostly not put in the same situation as the Germans & Russian people were that they had to rat on their fellow citizens based on their race or beliefs.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

I really did mate. You compared a prime slot Nige show of 107,000 against a rolling news channel. I gave you the numbers for the prime slot BBC1 news show that has viewer numbers of 3.5m plus each day. The BBC1 10 o'clock show has figures of c.3.5m too.

I'll let you work out whether 107k is higher or lower than 3.5m
            BBC1 is not a 24 rolling news channel, if we follow your logic if a presenter wears a Rolex watch its the same as owning the Rolex company.

Tripled down on stupidity.

Comment

BBC1 is not a 24 rolling news channel, if we follow your logic if a presenter wears a Rolex watch its the same as owning the Rolex company.

Comment

You are aware that BBC News and BBC 1 show the same news programs in prime time news slots like the 10?
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

You are aware that BBC News and BBC 1 show the same news programs in prime time news slots like the 10?
                  This is Vetran you're talking about, he's not aware of much at all unless it's posted in the Wail

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

indeed hence the Rolex comment.

You are aware that BBC1 is not a rolling news channel?

Comment

indeed hence the Rolex comment.

You are aware that BBC1 is not a rolling news channel?
                      Are you really this dim? No one said it was. Can you read?

Comment

Working...
                      X