• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting and child mainteanance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a former life I worked in CSA (Now defunct) and specifically in the legal and collections team. Co. Directors were notoriously difficult to assess and pursue for maintenance. The vagaries of how income is structured and the options available meant that if you had someone very determined it was incredibly difficult. Having said that I got the impression that this was only feasible for those who ran their limited as a way of preventing the PWC getting their hands on it. Trying to run a company in the best way for business was not aligned with running it to hide earnings. The calculation takes account of income as someone mentioned - including wage, commission, dividends etc. and there are limits for pension contributions and other essential costs to taken into account. The most economically sound way to reduce maintenance is as mentioned shared care. Though a relationship as described probably doesn't lend itself to shared care being all that feasible. Having heard some absolute horror stories over the years my advice to anyone navigating it would be if there's a way to be amicable, find it. In a really bitter dispute neither side is ever happy with the situation in my experience, those that feel hard done to and those that are dishing it out.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      People here seem keen to believe it
      Ah, so naive, young man. When you're as old as me, you'll know that there are some people who are complete smegheads.
      but then there's a lot of bitter divorcees here.
      Not here.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Got everything he deserved, and why oh why do people think when they hook up with a cheater that they won't do it to them, fecking beyond me!
        And the smart ones always have a fallback plan...

Comment

Originally posted by ComplianceLady View Post
          The calculation takes account of income as someone mentioned - including wage, commission, dividends etc.
          Interestingly this is what the chancellor said absolutely couldn't be done in order to provide coronavirus support income for contractors and other people paid via dividend income. So it's workable when you pay money out, just not if you're to receive any.
          Last edited by PerfectStorm; 6 August 2021, 11:12.
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post

Interestingly this is what the chancellor said absolutely couldn't be done in order to provide coronavirus support income for contractors and other people paid via dividend income. So it's workable when you pay money out, just not if you're to receive any.
            Why should a business get a pay-out because their profits drop? Or are we conveniently not businesses when it suits us?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
            X