• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car fuel additives - Do you use one?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonaldJTrump View Post

Real motorists blank off EGR valves

HTH
    They also invalidate their insurance and make their cars illegal. But hey, if that makes you and your family more safe, then fill ya boots fella
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

They also invalidate their insurance and make their cars illegal. But hey, if that makes you and your family more safe, then fill ya boots fella
      I only pointed out what is posted on other forums, i didn't make any statements as to any recommendation, never done to mine as it's petrol

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Good question!
        (1) ... (4)
        The problem is people buying a diesel car to pop to the shops, they need a good run to get the DPF cleaned, that's why it's blocked. But with a £30 annual road tax, it's tempting for bangernomics.

I only use recommended remappers / tuners, that have a following of repeat customers. Last 2 cars have been remapped by 2 different tuners, both have a cult like following.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymouse View Post

The problem is people buying a diesel car to pop to the shops, they need a good run to get the DPF cleaned, that's why it's blocked. But with a £30 annual road tax, it's tempting for bangernomics.

I only use recommended remappers / tuners, that have a following of repeat customers. Last 2 cars have been remapped by 2 different tuners, both have a cult like following.
          Yes indeed. Old pre-1995 were ok for short trips. I use a bike or walk for short trips and only use the car for long trips. However, it's not a small car by any means but still it returns 60 to 75 mpg on a run. I have saved thousands of pounds over the years.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I only pointed out what is posted on other forums, i didn't make any statements as to any recommendation, never done to mine as it's petrol
            I responded to Donald J Trump not you

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

I responded to Donald J Trump not you
              I noticed, but CBA'd to fix it. Apparently it doesn't affect the MOT and most insurance firms aren't bothered either. It's the DPF that's the one MOT testers look for, and even signs that it's been gutted.

Comment

I noticed, but CBA'd to fix it. Apparently it doesn't affect the MOT and most insurance firms aren't bothered either. It's the DPF that's the one MOT testers look for, and even signs that it's been gutted.
                Right up to the point you make a claim and they find out you've modded the vehicle and not told them about it But yeah, definitely worth the risk

Comment

There is a government team with the police, DVLA, VOSA and local and local authorities who have set up roadside checks. They will plug into you ODB2 port and check. If mods to the depollution system are found, your vehicle will be impounded.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

you're surprised?
                    Head on over to an audiophile forum where they argue about whether a £500 USB cable is better than a £50 USB cable.
                    You can pay £500 for a USB cable?

Bloody hell, I've been paying only £50 for rubbish USB cables all this time!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

You can pay £500 for a USB cable?

Bloody hell, I've been paying only £50 for rubbish USB cables all this time!
                      It's the oxygen free ones with gold ends you want to get

Comment

Working...
                      X