• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloomin lefties

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloomin lefties

https://unherd.com/thepost/wikipedia...ite-i-created/

This battle of ideas on Wikipedia’s platform formed a crucial part of the encyclopaedia’s commitment to neutrality, which according to Sanger, was abandoned after 2009. In the years since, on issues ranging from Covid to Joe Biden, it has become increasingly partisan, primarily espousing an establishment viewpoint that increasingly represents “propaganda”. This, says Sanger, is why he left the site in 2007, describing it as “broken beyond repair”.

On Wikipedia’s Left-wing bias:

You can’t cite the Daily Mail at all. You can’t cite Fox News on socio-political issues either. It’s banned. So what does that mean? It means that if a controversy does not appear in the mainstream centre-Left media, then it’s not going to appear on Wikipedia.
    - LARRY SANGER, UNHERD

oh dear
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Interesting .. so a website that tries to hold only actual correct facts does not allow links to the Wail and Fox News .. well, who'd have thunk it eh? It's almost as if the guys at Wiki think that Wail stories tend to err on the side of fiction and not fact
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

How has "lefty" become a slur?

In the 40 and 50's (the "Glory years!" eh?) , it was Righty that was the slur. Nationalism, Racism, Greed and Social injustice were the wrongs in the world. Now its the rights.. pardon the pun.

Comment

You know who Larry Sanger is do you?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Wasn't he that guy who payed a harmonica?
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

No. And to be honest, I don't care who he is either. HTHs

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

No. And to be honest, I don't care who he is either. HTHs
              Shocking. Seems you are a bit of a thicky!

Comment

Shocking. Seems you are a bit of a thicky!
                So a guy who left the company nearly 20 years ago, is slagging it off. Still bitter after all that time?

And you think I should have heard of him why exactly? Or do you think I should know every unimportant and insignificant person in the world?

Comment

He's part of a blockchain based wiki now
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Wikipedia uses The Times and The Torygraph as references so the guy is talking bull. They clearly don't like using tabloids which The Fail is.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X