• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Bloomin lefties

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bloomin lefties"

Collapse

• TwoWolves
    replied
    They make quite nice clothes though: https://www.lefties.com/es/

My daughter looks nice in her lefties summer dress.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

So in Wikipedia articles on "Macbeth Castle" or "Hokum Hall" for example (if there are such places - I just made up the names) it would be quite reasonable to include a link to a long Wail article about it that was published the last time it was sold.
    Nice sub-conscious it's actually Holkam

A Tribute To The World Of Myth: Ovid And Holkham Hall - For IPod/iPhone podcast (player.fm)

I did this with the OU.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

<takes a bow>

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Surely the Express is quoted loads of times on the Princess Di page?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Find an article on Wikipedia where only a Fail or Express article would do then.

I found plenty where Times and Torygraph were mentioned e.g. looking up footballers.
    Surely the Express is quoted loads of times on the Princess Di page?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Not all Mail stories have an "angle", and some appear nowhere else. Examples of the latter would be a piece on an old castle or stately home for sale, which the Wail and their readers love but I doubt any left-leaning paper would bother publishing.

So in Wikipedia articles on "Macbeth Castle" or "Hokum Hall" for example (if there are such places - I just made up the names) it would be quite reasonable to include a link to a long Wail article about it that was published the last time it was sold.
    Find an article on Wikipedia where only a Fail or Express article would do then.

I found plenty where Times and Torygraph were mentioned e.g. looking up footballers.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Interesting .. so a website that tries to hold only actual correct facts does not allow links to the Wail and Fox News .. well, who'd have thunk it eh? It's almost as if the guys at Wiki think that Wail stories tend to err on the side of fiction and not fact
    Not all Mail stories have an "angle", and some appear nowhere else. Examples of the latter would be a piece on an old castle or stately home for sale, which the Wail and their readers love but I doubt any left-leaning paper would bother publishing.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Wikipedia uses The Times and The Torygraph as references so the guy is talking bull. They clearly don't like using tabloids which The Fail is.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    He's part of a blockchain based wiki now

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Shocking. Seems you are a bit of a thicky!
    So a guy who left the company nearly 20 years ago, is slagging it off. Still bitter after all that time?

And you think I should have heard of him why exactly? Or do you think I should know every unimportant and insignificant person in the world?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

No. And to be honest, I don't care who he is either. HTHs
    Shocking. Seems you are a bit of a thicky!

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    You know who Larry Sanger is do you?
    No. And to be honest, I don't care who he is either. HTHs

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Wasn't he that guy who payed a harmonica?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    How has "lefty" become a slur?

In the 40 and 50's (the "Glory years!" eh?) , it was Righty that was the slur. Nationalism, Racism, Greed and Social injustice were the wrongs in the world. Now its the rights.. pardon the pun.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X