• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

8 million jobs available in America!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Mainly crap wages, especially in hospitality and service industries
    Tips play big role there, at least based on what I’ve seen in Tarantino movie

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      We have to ask why La Gavaroche the Michelin starred eatery pays crap wages.
      Start such business and you’ll understand.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Tips play big role there, at least based on what I’ve seen in Tarantino movie
        Fist time I visited the US and ate somewhere in NY and left a 10% tip, the waitress asked why I hated her service .

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Fist time I visited the US and ate somewhere in NY and left a 10% tip, the waitress asked why I hated her service .
          You would not have done that in an “open carry” state…

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

20% in the US.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Start such business and you’ll understand.
              I understand why. having intimate knowledge of catering they are too fecking tight to pay a decent wage. I was the Agency chap on 30% more per hour covering the staff they pissed off.

Why do you think a $590 a cover they might manage to pay the staff a few quid.

https://forums.contractoruk.com/repl...eplyto=4173049

Why do you think they can't afford it? Is the cost of Squirrel gratin too high?

Comment

We have to ask why La Gavaroche the Michelin starred eatery pays crap wages.
                And then takes the tips. Roux jr then goes on TV explaining how it is all so necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post

And then takes the tips. Roux jr then goes on TV explaining how it is all so necessary.
                  indeed he is a man who makes his staff feel truly loved.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    I understand why.
                    Expain why (wages in Michelin star places basically bare minimum) and then I'll explain why you are, yet again, wrong on the subject, give it your best, cretin.

Comment

Expain why (wages in Michelin star places basically bare minimum) and then I'll explain why you are, yet again, wrong on the subject, give it your best, cretin.
                      Ah you are off to insults right away, seems you have already lost.

Did you want to have another go at constructing a sentence that makes sense?

Comment

Working...
                      X