• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM apologised for "an error of judgement" in scrapping most coronavirus restrictions!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM apologised for "an error of judgement" in scrapping most coronavirus restrictions!

In Holland...

"Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte has apologised for "an error of judgement" in scrapping most coronavirus restrictions in the country.

The easing three weeks ago led to infection levels surging to their highest this year as nightlife resumed for large numbers of young people.

Curbs on bars, restaurants and nightclubs were reimposed on Friday.

Previously Mr Rutte had refused to take any blame for the opening up, describing it as a "logical step".

On Saturday, the country's public health institute reported more than 10,000 new Covid cases, the highest number in a single day since December."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-57811538

I'm waiting for a nightclub out break here.

The owner of Heaven was moaning on the radio earlier how the government has screwed them.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      The owner of Heaven was moaning on the radio earlier how the government has screwed them.
      He could rename it to Club Hel ...

Comment

Does my chunk in this pre-occupation with cases.....

It might as well be cases of acne. If hardly anyone is dying or being seriously ill IT DOES NOT MATTER.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Does my chunk in this pre-occupation with cases.....

It might as well be cases of acne. If hardly anyone is dying or being seriously ill IT DOES NOT MATTER.
          We know because you've posted some ridiculous crap in the past and got roundly shot down in every case. Even my dog can learn not to do something after getting it wrong a few times. Shame you can't take a leaf out of his book.

******* idiot.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            If hardly anyone is dying or being seriously ill IT DOES NOT MATTER.
            Yeah, if hardly anybody you personally know or care drops dead or suffers long covid then it foes not matter, so open the night clubs already!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Yeah, if hardly anybody you personally know or care drops dead or suffers long covid then it foes not matter, so open the night clubs already!

UK also has up to 25,000 flu deaths per year.

I don't remember anyone on CUK ever start a thread about imposing any sort of lockdown restrictions to reduce flu deaths.

It is time to live with Covid deaths, like we do Flu deaths.

And to deal with long Covid like we do other illnesses.

If the NHS becomes overwhelmed they might have to impose restrictions again.

Better to open up now, in the summer, than in the winter when the NHS definitely wont be able to cope.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

I don't remember anyone on CUK ever start a thread about imposing any sort of lockdown restrictions to reduce flu deaths.

It is time to live with Covid deaths, like we do Flu deaths.

And to deal with long Covid like we do other illnesses.

If the NHS becomes overwhelmed they might have to impose restrictions again.

Better to open up now, in the summer, than in the winter when the NHS definitely wont be able to cope.
                There is some history here. PC has spouted exactly the same rubbish numerous times in the last year. I can't be bothered to look back but I am certain they will be in the early days of both large spikes. PC thinks there is no problems carrying on as normal and all the restrictions are a complete waste of time. Last time he said it was before the massive spike when admissions were around 6 or 7k and shot up to 40k so not only did he get shot down the figures proved he was an idiot.

Most sane people would have had a re-think about their attitude but PC is not the sharpest tool in the box. If he keeps trotting this he'll get it right at one point.

So yes, you are probably right but this is a continuation of PC's stupidity, nothing to do with the reality of the current situation.

EDIT : Your figures are right about the flu and the discussion has changed with the current level of deaths but there have been 250,000 deaths of covid and PC was saying exactly the same before then and still hasn't changed his tune.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

This could have been substantially reduced with very cheap measures like masks on transport Oct-Mar and strict ban on anybody who cought/sneezes to turn up at work and infect other people.

25k is a LOT per year, all deaths on roads are 5 times smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

This could have been substantially reduced with very cheap measures like masks on transport Oct-Mar and strict ban on anybody who cought/sneezes to turn up at work and infect other people.

25k is a LOT per year, all deaths on roads are 5 times smaller.
                    Damn agreeing with aTw.

if we are as completely vaccinated as we can be for COVID (i.e. everyone has been offered vaccine, sorry those who refuse Darwin was meaning you) and we do it in the summer it makes sense rather than during a cooler period.

Masks for flu probably but the vaccine is 50% effective (it will probably have a boost due to Covid research as may treatment) so the deaths of 4000 people annually are probably half what could be.

https://fullfact.org/health/coronavi...are-influenza/

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X