• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it because I don't look black enough?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it because I don't look black enough?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1878795.html

Labour MP Kim Johnson accuses Met Police of ‘racial profiling’ after she and family stopped in central London

Officers surrounded group as they headed to restaurant but ‘turned on their heels’ when they discovered they were dealing with member of parliament

Maybe its me but she doesn't look like she has recent African genes?

What are the Police to do?

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

She looks like she has some ancestry, judging by other photos. But sometimes it's not easy to identify. Which since race is a meaningless social construct (albeit with serious consequences), that's a good thing.

I was surpised the learn that the Judge in The Good Place is apparently black.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

What are the Police to do?
      If you read the story properly the police where interested in her son and his friend.

If they had a legit reason to stop the two black men why did the police leg it as soon as one of the group point out they were an MP?

I know from the stories that they have told me that the police do similar to black clergy. Once they realise the person wearing a dog collar is not wearing fancy dress, they frequently leg it.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

If you read the story properly the police where interested in her son and his friend.

If they had a legit reason to stop the two black men why did the police leg it as soon as one of the group point out they were an MP?

I know from the stories that they have told me that the police do similar to black clergy. Once they realise the person wearing a dog collar is not wearing fancy dress, they frequently leg it.

Mainly I suspect the Police realised this was not going to end well for them. Get away before it gets any worse.

Like all the other times even if the son & friend were covered head to foot in virgin blood the campaigners would paint the boys as saints ala Floyd.

What does that say about Police being afraid of stopping people being black and the danger their career?

In our village our clergy were unfailingly polite to the Police and they to them.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          She looks like she has some ancestry, judging by other photos. But sometimes it's not easy to identify. Which since race is a meaningless social construct (albeit with serious consequences), that's a good thing.

I was surprised the learn that the Judge in The Good Place is apparently black.

Actually she (the MP) could easily be one of my Daughters with that colouring, hair and face shape. I wouldn't peg her as Black. The Judge would also fit in my family.

I'm actually darker than her and my family both sides go back to the 13th century in the UK. Maybe Mrs V went for a bit of exotic loving around their conception? However my Nieces and Nephews have similar colouring and hair both sides it suggests its at least one generation back.

Maybe that is it the reason why the Police keep stopping me!

Its not because I was off my face at 3am walking down the street to buy bacon where the bicycle shop had been broken into, or I jumped a red light, or my load wasn't secure or I was drinking a half litre can of Irn Bru in my car that looks like 1664 from a distance. Its all because I'm secretly Black !

Where do I sign up for compensation?

Comment

You could simply identify as black, vetran.

One of my kids looks like me, privileged. The other like her mum, S.E. Asian. It confuses people.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              You could simply identify as black, vetran.

One of my kids looks like me, privileged. The other like her mum, S.E. Asian. It confuses people.
              Hey if I looked like my mental picture of you I would hardly feel privileged . The wonders of genetics!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Maybe its me but she doesn't look like she has recent African genes?
                You think she's just very tanned and went to get her hair curled?

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  You think she's just very tanned and went to get her hair curled?
                  She isn't very tanned, I am darker than that picture as are two of my daughters. My daughters hair curls like that naturally.

You know a perm is a style don't you?

Apart from Michael & Whitney which of these stars are black?

https://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/ga...onic-perms-80s

Maybe its Dolly or Brooke? Is Armenian black?

Comment

Working...
                  X