• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

About as competent as the liebour & con party.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About as competent as the liebour & con party.

https://www.sloughobserver.co.uk/new...ney-bus-lanes/

A HILARIOUS fundraising plea has been launched to help Slough Council recover from its mounting money problems.

On Friday, July 2, the authority declared themselves as bankrupt after they issued a section 114 notice.

The notice indicated that the council does not have enough funds to deliver or balance its budget.

What this effectively means is Slough Borough Council cannot spend any money except on essential and statutory services, such as adult social care and children’s services.

READ MORE: Chief Executive apologies for money troubles after council 'declares bankruptcy'

As a result of this, a GoFundMe page has been set up to raise £100 million for Slough Council because they 'spent all their ps on Gucci bus lanes'.

The page features an image of Slough Labour MP Tanmanjeet Dhesi, smiling with celebratory arms outside the Houses of Parliament.

The Go Fund Me page said: "Recently we found out Slough Council is broke, they spent all their ps on a gucci bus lane.
    yep I know I will end up paying for it but wtf!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Its not just Mr Dhesi he is the MP so surely should have an interest in it running well, its the whole council's incompetence.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Its not just Mr Dhesi he is the MP so surely should have an interest in it running well, its the whole council's incompetence.
      MPs and councillors are not the same thing.

Deity didn't they teach you anything at school?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

MPs and councillors are not the same thing.

Deity didn't they teach you anything at school?
        They are not which is why I mentioned them separately, but as The RT Honourable T Dhesi has fronted the campaign to raise money to save the Council from its stupidity and it is in his Constituency then he is directly involved. As Two wolves attacked him I pointed out he wasn't personally responsible it was the whole council. I suspect he is being asked difficult questions by the labour party for letting it happen on his watch.

Did they not teach you comprehension at school?

Comment

Rcaist post and post quoting it removed.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Rcaist post and post quoting it removed.
            Ta.

Comment

They are not which is why I mentioned them separately, but as The RT Honourable T Dhesi has fronted the campaign to raise money to save the Council from its stupidity and it is in his Constituency then he is directly involved. As Two wolves attacked him I pointed out he wasn't personally responsible it was the whole council. I suspect he is being asked difficult questions by the labour party for letting it happen on his watch.

Did they not teach you comprehension at school?
              Then The RT Honourable T Dhesi is an idiot.

As an MP you don't get involved in your local council runnings except to pull them up when one of your constituent points out a particular department is incompetent and not doing what they should be doing.

Well that's what myself, family, neighbours and friends have used our MPs for. That's why we can say certain MPs are dreadful and others - even if we didn't voted for them - are good constituency MPs.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Then The RT Honourable T Dhesi is an idiot.

As an MP you don't get involved in your local council runnings except to pull them up when one of your constituent points out a particular department is incompetent and not doing what they should be doing.

Well that's what myself, family, neighbours and friends have used our MPs for. That's why we can say certain MPs are dreadful and others - even if we didn't voted for them - are good constituency MPs.
                I wasn't go to say that (he is an idiot) as you say he involved himself when he should have stayed disconnected.

Comment

Ta.
                  Unfortunately the OP doesn't understand why it's racist.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Unfortunately the OP doesn't understand why it's racist.
                    Maybe he meant to suggest Indian subcontinent is more corrupt than the UK?

https://www.transparency.org/en/cpi/2020/index/ind

I haven't heard locally Mr Dhesi is corrupt, other candidates suggested he was a sound chap.
                    Some suggestions from south Asian builders the planning authority is.
                    The council is definitely incompetent.

Comment

Working...
                    X