• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone carry an epipen?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I have a bad asthma attack I similar symptoms - tight chest, breathing etc. I also have allergies to dogs that can set off itching and can then trigger an asthma attack but I presume a strange dog didn't suddenly rock up in your house?

I'd say definitely talk to your doc though, just in case. I was having asthma attacks for years, until I had I really bad one and a mate's wife who is a nurse told me I had asthma and let me use her son's inhaler - I'd never been to the docs so didn't know I was asthmatic! Went to docs after that, and yup, been asthmatic for years - I just thought I was unfit. You may have something undiagnosed too, get it checked.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Nearly died years ago (what would all you do without me?)

I had an insect bite while canoeing in my teens, went to work that evening and my arm had swollen to twice normal size.
      Off to the hospital and went straight to the front of the queue. The Doctor said he was glad I came in as I had about 2 hours before it was fatal.

Drugged me up on anti histamine. I now carry perindopril (or generic) wherever I am (its in the car & overnight bag). Normally only need 1-2 tablets a summer but it is cheap insurance.

Sadly its hereditary and Miss V1 & 2 suffer similarly but we haven't left it till the A&E stage they get a tablet as needed normally every summer.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I had a very drastic allergic reaction late on Saturday night, with no obvious trigger. ..
        Had you been outside for some reason, or were you indoors? Maybe it was something as simple as dust from a moth
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Had you been outside for some reason, or were you indoors? Maybe it was something as simple as dust from a moth
          A mystery.

Saw the GP today who left me with comforting words "well this is peculiar, I've no idea what caused it" but lined up some tests. First time at the doctor for about 5 years, I had to go to the old one before we moved as I never re-registered!
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
          X