• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General election

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General election

Next general election, who do you WANT to win (not who is likely to win).

I'm interested to know how people feel about this Tory govt, you know, the one that let 128,000 people die, a leader that went round shaking hands with Covid sufferers and down played the whole thing (same as Trump) until it nearly killed him. The same Tories hammering home IR35 as hard as possible. The same Tories that have "awarded" £ blns of contracts without tendering to limited companies owned or controlled by Tory MPs, Councillors, donors and family. The same Tories who lied about B**x*t.
    Tories
    38.89%
    Labour
    5.56%
    Liberal Democrats
    11.11%
    SNP
    5.56%
    Welsh thingy
    5.56%
    Green
    5.56%
    Other
    22.22%
    I am shorting all of the above with Scooty Scot
    5.56%

The poll is expired.

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

As much as the tories turn my stomach.

These other parties would be even worse.

Im not voting for Starmer he is into the woke taking the knee nonsense.

IR35, i'm currently outside and client is now on the hook for it.

128,000 dead. I don't know a single person who died from it. Most who did die were old and near deaths door anyway.

Wife's cousin is a lorry driver, he just bought his own rig, after working 15 year for a pittance as a lorry driver. He is killing it at the moment. Loves Brexit. I told him to make hay while the sun shines. They might start importing drivers again.
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 26 June 2021, 13:13.

Comment

I have no idea how I'd vote as none of the parties really fill me confidence. All are screw ups one way or another.

Depending on what options are presented to me, I'd probably do a protest vote for some nutty independent.

Comment

FPTP means 2 party system, and in reality they morph into some very similar tulip.

So the only election should be - for or against FPTP, only after it's defeated there will be real elections in this country.

Comment

where is the option for None of the above

Comment

Tories, not that I like them but I think the population has still to have learned all the lessons from this debacle. And we should allow them to f*** up things even more until it becomes unbearable. Then people will learn and adapt and realise what is important.

There is an advantage to brexit as well, apart from the short term economic boom from some people...
            It is still the first of the civilised nations to take action in response to increased nationalism and pressures of globalisation. Whether it was done for the right reasons, we don't know (The city might have a different take on this) but it is still action and we get to learn from experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
              There isn't one because this is as bent election as all UK FPTP "elections"

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                I am shorting all of the above with Scooty Scot

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
                  As much as the tories turn my stomach.

These other parties would be even worse.

Im not voting for Starmer he is into the woke taking the knee nonsense.

IR35, i'm currently outside and client is now on the hook for it.

128,000 dead. I don't know a single person who died from it. Most who did die were old and near deaths door anyway.

Wife's cousin is a lorry driver, he just bought his own rig, after working 15 year for a pittance as a lorry driver. He is killing it at the moment. Loves Brexit. I told him to make hay while the sun shines. They might start importing drivers again.
                  So you support corruption and enforced death of older and sick people. Yep, you are a dyed in the wool Tory voter. Selfish and evil.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

So you support corruption and enforced death of older and sick people. Yep, you are a dyed in the wool Tory voter. Selfish and evil.
                    As opposed to a blinkered fantasist I suppose...
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X