• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rats and sinking ships?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rats and sinking ships?

Andrew Neil to take leave of absence from GBNews after only 2 weeks...

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

You haven't posted the link properly and I had to click through.. to the Express

Anyway Andrew Neill is old. Time for him to retire.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/...-neil-24394312

GB News boss Andrew Neil has announced that he is taking a break from the channel just two weeks after launching it.

The journalist and broadcaster, 72, has been a permanent fixture on the network since it launched on June 13.

However, at the end of his self-titled news show on Thursday, Andrew confirmed that he will be taking some time off from presenting the 8pm slot, and that Colin Brazier would be stepping in for him.

Upon closing his show, Andrew said: “That’s it for tonight and from me for the next few weeks.

“But I leave you in the safe and professional hands of Colin Brazier.”

However, Andrew assured viewers that he wouldn't be staying away for too long.

"I’ll be back before the summer is out and when you least expect it so stay tuned."

Before handing over to Tonight with Dan Wootton, Andrew gave a heartfelt speech to the GB News audience.

"But before I take this break, let me say this," he continued. "Yes, we had a bit of a rocky start with the launch of GB News.

"We’re a start-up, they’re always a bit rocky these start-ups. But we are up and running as you can see, we get better every day and there’s clearly an appetite for what we’re doing.

"And in two short weeks, we’ve already built a loyal audience which has beaten all of our expectations, it’s often bigger than the other news channels and it’s growing.
      "That’s the real story about GB News to date and you won’t often read that in the papers.

"So on behalf of GB News, I say to all of our viewers, thank you. We won’t let you down and you ain't seen nothing yet."

Andrew's departure comes just days after Shaun Ryder dropped the F-bomb on GB News as he opened up about his struggles at school having only been diagnosed with ADHD aged 57.

Host Neil Oliver said to Shaun: "I've got a good one for you from Paul, Paul was diagnosed dyspraxic in 2017 at the age of 47 and he now has a BSC in psychology research and Paul asks ‘Did your school years ever leave feeling accepted in society?’"

Without hesitation Shaun responded: "F***ing absolutely, like I said I didn't know the alphabet until I was about 28!"

Neil then read out a question: "Ross says, 'What do you make of the devastation caused to the live music industry by all of this, by lockdown?
      "'And do you think the industry has been disregarded by the government?'"

Shaun replied: "I'm gonna sit for a couple of seconds and zip my gob, because it's all gonna be expletives coming out of it, right?"

"Alright, steady!" warned Neil.

Comment

How can someone be a permanent fixture after two weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          He has been MD for a while. I imagine he has taken time off to fix the technical stuff. He probably is also probably knackered starting up a new firm is hard work.

The ship is hardly sinking they have more listeners than they expected. I turn over at 10am after Nick Ferrari.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            By getting nailed to a wall?

Comment

Health/family reasons perhaps. I haven't watched this channel but I do like AN or at least I liked the balance he brought BBC to have someone who wasn't a polished, good-looking metropolitan liberal. I would rather a channel has people I disagree with on both ends of the spectrum.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Health/family reasons perhaps. I haven't watched this channel but I do like AN or at least I liked the balance he brought BBC to have someone who wasn't a polished, good-looking metropolitan liberal. I would rather a channel has people I disagree with on both ends of the spectrum.
                LBC is good for this though I find James O'Whine frustratingly lefty and Nick Abbott puerile.

Majid Nawaz frequently challenges my opinions and I even find David Lammy interesting if frequently wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

LBC is good for this though I find James O'Whine frustratingly lefty and Nick Abbott puerile.

Majid Nawaz frequently challenges my opinions and I even find David Lammy interesting if frequently wrong.
                  None of them are wrong.

They just have different points of view to you due to their life experiences.

(Saying that Rachel Johnson is like listening to limp lettuce. She seems to have difficulty having an opinion. )

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

None of them are wrong.

They just have different points of view to you due to their life experiences.

(Saying that Rachel Johnson is like listening to limp lettuce. She seems to have difficulty having an opinion. )
                    When you make a statement that the facts contradict then you are wrong. I can understand people saying "I feel ... Because... and I think we should do" that is perfectly reasonable in a discussion. If you say "Black is white and I don't need to prove it" you are wrong.

James O'whine constantly goes on like a deranged remainer refighting brexit its difficult to find him interesting and the facts now show that the lies told by remain are untrue.

Comment

Working...
                    X