• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows 11

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 11

Windows 11 Anyone watching the unveil at 4 today.

Not me

I'll wait a few years until it sort of starts working ok.

Thanks

Comment

I think I stopped getting excited about the latest updates around the time NT released that hugely flawed service pack that cause so many issues. SP4 was it?

After that carry on I've always been happy to wait for a few updates before installing anything new nowadays.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Thanks
        You're welcome ?

Comment

Nope not interested. I've got W10 on my development box but the last update wouldn't so updates are now disabled and I'll simply run it until I don't have any Windoze dependencies caused by client requirements. My new mini dev box is Fedora as are all my servers and the main dev box will be Fedora at the next tech upgrade

Comment

Games pc. Otherwise would not use it all.

Comment

Every other version of Windoze was tulip

Comment

I thought they announced that they weren't releasing any new versions of windows?

Yep, they did: https://www.theverge.com/2015/5/7/85...ion-of-windows
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  I thought they announced that they weren't releasing any new versions of windows?

Yep, they did: https://www.theverge.com/2015/5/7/85...ion-of-windows
                  They did, El Reg brought this very point up recently when MS released the end of support date for Win10

https://www.theregister.com/2021/06/..._support_date/

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
                    Windows 11 Anyone watching the unveil at 4 today.

Not me

I'll wait a few years until it sort of starts working ok.
                    We're better off waiting for Windows 12, seriously.

Microsoft releases seem to work on an involuntary tick-tock principle, where the "ticks" are a pile of junk and they then manage to pull it together in time for the "tock"
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X