• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life insurance - how much you all got?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life insurance - how much you all got?

Mines running out soon.....

Not cheap as you get older. Since pretty much none of us get death in service benefits wondered how much you all pay for?

Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

It's running out because you didn't expect to live this long when you got it?

IIRC I've got either 300k or 500k on a policy under my Ltd.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

None. I have no dependents so what do I need it for? I'll be dead

Comment

None here either. no dependants, no debt.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          None. I have no dependents so what do I need it for? I'll be dead
          Yep, same here. Cancelled it after Mrs W passed away.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

750k. Wanted to ensure that as haven't hit 50 yet, there would be enough to easily pay off the mortgage and leave enough for the other half to be comfortable. With one kid still at school, seems pretty responsible... on the other hand, I have little doubt some might say it's a mad amount.

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
              750k. Wanted to ensure that as haven't hit 50 yet, there would be enough to easily pay off the mortgage and leave enough for the other half to be comfortable. With one kid still at school, seems pretty responsible... on the other hand, I have little doubt some might say it's a mad amount.
              I don't think so. You have worked out an amount to make sure those that are left aren't worrying about money. Obviously too high an amount and your other half might start googling untraceable means of bumping you off...

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
                Without knowing your mortgage it doesn't seem daft. Mine was similarly calculated to pay off the mortgage and mean my wife didn't have to work for a year or so. On the other hand she has only a small policy because I'm the main earner and realistically would rather work than mope about.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Not cheap as you get older. Since pretty much none of us get death in service benefits wondered how much you all pay for?
                  Why not get whole of life cover? Or was it taken to cover a mortgage that has now been paid off?

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Kind of stupid question really, you are dead, so what is it for? That will determine how much you need to cover and how much you need?

From - just enough to cover a funeral
                    To - Enough that all my dependents become millionaires
                    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                    X