• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official DOOM: New £50 note featuring Alan Turing goes into circulation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official DOOM: New £50 note featuring Alan Turing goes into circulation

New £50 note featuring Alan Turing goes into circulation

The new £50 note goes into circulation on Wednesday – but with consumers increasingly going cashless, for millions of people it may be months or even years before they see or touch one.

It’s been around for 40 years, but the £50 note doesn’t have a great image: there is a perception that aside from some overseas tourists, the only people who use them are criminals, tradespeople looking to evade tax and gamblers.

ATMs rarely give them out, and some shops don’t like taking them, either because they are worried about counterfeit notes or it would mean handing over all the change in their till.”

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...urity-features

Will have to light up cigars with EUROs now

I don't think any of the plasticy new notes are good for lighting up, not sure all those evil particulates are good for your health.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I don't think any of the plasticy new notes are good for lighting up, not sure all those evil particulates are good for your health.
      They are still ok for doing lines of coke though, right?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        No, plastic particles are bad for your health.

HTH

Comment

The latest £50 was introduced in 1981.

The current one is only worth £12.50 in 1981 money.

£50 doesnt buy much these days, eg £90 to fill a tank of petrol.

£200+ on the weekly grocery shop for a family of five

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Depends on who is accompanying you, if it is a high class lady you might find that the snorting instrument disappears every time it gets to your turn. So you'll have to make a new one out.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
              I have not seen many places that will accept them in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
                The latest £50 was introduced in 1981.

The current one is only worth £12.50 in 1981 money.

£200+ on the weekly grocery shop
                still 10h of work for a good percentage of the country... before taxes

but yeah... not a lot. not even a g of coke. ( a good one, not bath salt) although I might be out of touch with that market...
                Last edited by GigiBronz; 23 June 2021, 15:14.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

I have not seen many places that will accept them in the first place
                  You are going to the wrong places then
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I went into the petrol station with a new £50 note that features Alan Turing on the note to pay for my fuel the assistant said "this is a bent note" .
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X