• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GBNews go woke go broke?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hadn't realised this was going to be a far-right hate-outlet until reading this story.

Got to love the message "our products are for everyone, so to support that we're not going to advertise them to people who might hold different views to us".

I don't believe most of these companies are left-wing/progressive/woke in the least anyway, it's just good PR to hate on the right. Kind of amusing that all these companies send the idea that the UK is progressive and left-wing, when we've voted in a Tory government 3 times in a row.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

What's the goals of people funding it?

Why are they doing it?

Why is foreign funding even allowed for a TV news service?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        What's the goals of people funding it?

Why are they doing it?

Why is foreign funding even allowed for a TV news service?
        I think you need to look at other tv stations such as BBC, fox & SKY.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Kopparberg hardly advertise on TV, they would have booked 1 advert and got the press release ready to go. All so tiring.

Pinterest pulled out. I mean, I watch a fair bit of tulipe TV and I have never, ever seen a pinterest advert.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            I think you need to look at other tv stations such as BBC, fox & SKY.
            BBC - UK taxpayer funded service
            Fox - closed News Channel
            Sky - proper very large commercial entertainment platform where News play minor role, money fund Premier League

So far so good.

So what would a fooking foreign hedge funder is trying to achieve by "investing" into news channel that will never be profitable as a proper company?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

BBC - UK taxpayer funded service
              Fox - closed News Channel
              Sky - proper very large commercial entertainment platform where News play minor role, money fund Premier League

So far so good.

So what would a fooking foreign hedge funder is trying to achieve by "investing" into news channel that will never be profitable as a proper company?
              Making money? from the looks of it they have found a decent market, see how they are in 3 months if they have the same number of viewers that £10M will be a better investment than most.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Making money? from the looks of it they have found a decent market, see how they are in 3 months if they have the same number of viewers that £10M will be a better investment than most.
                Making money, yes, not from commercial operation of a loss making station, but from influence peddling, that should be pretty obvious even for a cretin like yourself.

Comment

That's the plot of a James Bond film...
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I hadn't realised this was going to be a far-right hate-outlet until reading this story.

Got to love the message "our products are for everyone, so to support that we're not going to advertise them to people who might hold different views to us".

I don't believe most of these companies are left-wing/progressive/woke in the least anyway, it's just good PR to hate on the right. Kind of amusing that all these companies send the idea that the UK is progressive and left-wing, when we've voted in a Tory government 3 times in a row.
                    Don't be fooled by the first past the post system. 60% of the UK are woke, probably more when you count the woke Tories.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

GB News will ultimately make money. It will produce a lot of online content which will draw in foreign views and foreign advertising. This whole thing is just performance, for the brands and for the channel.

I'm not a fan of news as entertainment but the argument that it's sinister because it will lose money is utter mince.

Comment

Working...
                      X