• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dark winter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We specify on all our new projects LED lighting.

I have noticed the local authorities using LED luminaries on thier highway lighting systems and this depending on the efficacy i.e lumens per watt you do get the gains thus with a reduced current as opposed to discharge lighting i.e fluorescent luminaries

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post

As you well know, I'm paraphrasing _v_ who I believe was advocating the murder of everyone else.
      A thread about lightbulbs doesn't need any discussion of murdering IMHO If violence must be mentioned, let's talking about "knocking their lights out"
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Many (all? ) LED bulbs these days use all kinds of weird and wonderful trace elements. But there's a lot of materials science research underway to try and coax light out efficiently from common materials such as perovskites
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Many (all? ) LED bulbs these days use all kinds of weird and wonderful trace elements. But there's a lot of materials science research underway to try and coax light out efficiently from common materials such as perovskites
          Is that the same as organic LED research?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'm not happy about the government banning the sale of halogen light bulbs.

In fact, I'm incandescent.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Here we go, if the Fail is right, we'll need white sticks & a nice labrador before long.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ity-warns.html

I didn't bother reading it, but I'm sure they give you cancer too.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Here we go, if the Fail is right, we'll need white sticks & a nice labrador before long.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ity-warns.html

I didn't bother reading it, but I'm sure they give you cancer too.
                basically its saying bright lights hurt your eyes. Car headlights are now brighter because leds allow that with less power.

The fashion for 100w equivalent led head lights with a focused lens attached on cars may blind you just like a laser. Especially if its on an antisocial tractor like a Range Rover and shines directly into your eyes.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

basically its saying bright lights hurt your eyes. Car headlights are now brighter because leds allow that with less power.

The fashion for 100w equivalent led head lights with a focused lens attached on cars may blind you just like a laser. Especially if its on an antisocial tractor like a Range Rover and shines directly into your eyes.
                  If there's one thing I hate more than Range Rover and BMW drivers, it's Range Rover and BMW drivers with those bloody headlights that can practically blind you from a mile away.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    I'm not happy about the government banning the sale of halogen light bulbs.

In fact, I'm incandescent.
                    I was, but I'm easily LED

Comment

Oddly enough, the enemy of semiconductors & electronic components, Specifically In General, capacitors, is heat.

Whilst the halogen spot is remarkably unconcerned that it's running at 150 deg C in the fitting, the electronic replacement gets very upset by this and dies.

Not helped by what passes as a heatsink being at the top of the device in that sort of fitting.

Much the same sort of thing kills CFLs in enclosed fittings.
                      Is it too late to patent a heat dissipating copper lampshade?

Comment

Working...
                      X