• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Got half a million quid spare?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got half a million quid spare?

Get yourself a seat in the Lords.

Peter Cruddas: Peer donated £500,000 to Conservative Party days after joining House of Lords

And don't worry about those awkward court cases old chap, nothing to be bothered about.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

I know I should be really bloody angry about this but all I can muster is 'FFS'.

Comment

Oh this is the guy the Lords Appointment Commission refused to endorse last year and HMG overrode them.

Comment

I have always liked him and his story, was a customer of his spread bet firm back in the day. He used to reply to some of my email queries.

"Born in Hackney, east London, a lack of family finances forced him to leave Shoreditch comprehensive school with no qualifications at the age of 15, despite having the academic ability.

In 1989 he established his own company, CMC Markets plc, with a capital of £10,000. It is now worth an estimated £1.25bn"

I didn't know he was a big Vote Leave donator until i read the OP's link, now i like him even more!
        Last edited by Fraidycat; 4 June 2021, 17:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

I didn't know he was a big Vote Leave donator until i read the OP's link, now i like him even more!
          Is he by Gad? We need more people like him in the HoL!
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

reading "Money Land by Oliver Bullough" atm.

considering his net wealth and the business he is in, I am quite surprised how the transaction got caught...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Oh this is the guy the Lords Appointment Commission refused to endorse last year and HMG overrode them.
              Yep, and it wasn’t HMG that overruled the commission it was Johnson personally.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Yep, and it wasn’t HMG that overruled the commission it was Johnson personally.
                I suspected but the article I read said 'Downing Street' so I didn't want to assume.

Comment

Ah, what it is to be ruled by a tin pot dictator.

One does so hope he comes to a bad & inglorious end.

Very soon.

As Cummings said, what does it say about the country that the choice was between an incompetent clown and a magic grandpa.

Doomed etc.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                  X