• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What travel list is Portugal on?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The FCDO is not advising against travel to Portugal. So that means you just need to check if your insurance will cover an Amber list country. Some will, some won't.

Staysure will offer a top up level of cover from around £15 but do check for exclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

I sympathise with malvolio, so this isn't a "dig", but FWIW I agree with the above.

If the holiday was mainly for the kids, they've have been just as happy if not more so staying in a Welsh farmhouse for a couple of weeks, and with luck you may have had the odd sunny day or two.
      We had already paid the money for the villa, flights, car hire and so on for a break before the first lockdown in 2020, when there was no thought of red/amber/green lists. Obviously that got canned, all we've been doing is rolling the bookings forward in the hope of actually being able to go away somewhere warm - which is now aimed for mid-2022. Or we could have simply scrubbed a few thousand quid since this was our usual DIY holiday and only complete packages get refunded in full.

Incidentally any insurance is difficult if you are on immuno-suppressants. We do actually now what we're doing.

And FTOAD, my "kids" is in her late forties and I don't live in Wales (and even if we did the motorhome can travel quite a distance if necessary).

Now can we close this increasingly pointless thread?
      Last edited by malvolio; 6 June 2021, 09:56.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

We had already paid the money for the villa, flights, car hire and so on for a break before the first lockdown in 2020, when there was no thought of red/amber/green lists. Obviously that got canned, all we've been doing is rolling the bookings forward in the hope of actually being able to go away somewhere warm - which is now aimed for mid-2022. Or we could have simply scrubbed a few thousand quid since this was our usual DIY holiday and only complete packages get refunded in full.

Incidentally any insurance is difficult if you are on immuno-suppressants. We do actually now what we're doing.

And FTOAD, my "kids" is in her late forties and I don't live in Wales (and even if we did the motorhome can travel quite a distance if necessary).

No-one is asking you to explain yourself, you chose to give more and more information about your circumstances It's a general thread about the nonsense that is the Portgual de-listing now the football is over.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

No-one is asking you to explain yourself, you chose to give more and more information about your circumstances It's a general thread about the nonsense that is the Portgual de-listing now the football is over.
          Except the usual suspects were (a) making uninformed assumptions about my level of competence and (b) offering suggestions that have no basis in reality.

So it's been fun dragging them along for a while and working off some frustrations, but now I'm getting bored trying to make them think.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Except the usual suspects were (a) making uninformed assumptions about my level of competence and (b) offering suggestions that have no basis in reality.
            This is CUK General, that's what we do!

Comment

It will only close if AtW says it's official...
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

It's only pointless if AtW says it's official...
                FTFY

Comment

Bookmarked this thread, will keep bumping it for as long I am alive, and that’s Official…

Comment

Oh FFS...

Travel Insurance is not valid, so expensive cancellation is the only option.

Seriously in need of a large drink now.
                    Large glass of madeira, by any chance...?

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      At present, I am still going to Portugal in July.

Many arrangments have been rejigged and research into who will give us a same day turnaround on test to release done.

We'll be well practised for the Spain holiday at the beginning of August

There's always hope that at the next review in three weeks' time that they go green again. Plans will be scuppered if they go red. We have agreed we will have to cancel then.
                      Enjoy your 2 weeks in the Slough Hilton* when you get back...

*Don't bother looking it up, it's not actually a Hilton.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X