• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whose planb is this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whose planb is this?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...drug-raid.html

Britain's biggest illegal Bitcoin mine? Cops raid warehouse after noticing huge power surge and find stolen electricity was creating unregulated cryptocurrency - favoured by criminal underworld - on 100 computers
    • Officers forced entry to premises in industrial estate in Sandwell, West Midlands, on May 18 after tip-off
    • Police had heard of people frequently visiting and lots of wiring and ventilation ducts were visible
    • A drone also picked up a heat source from above, leaving officers to suspect it was a cannabis factory
    • But inside, they found a huge bank of around 100 computers, powered by stolen electricity
    nice but they missed a trick they could have grown something with the spare heat.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

MSM trying to taint the pure delights of decentralised magic internet money with some something about stealing some electricity.

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I thought it was AtW ... he needs to do something with all those AMD computers he's bought
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

This is also an example of when localisation goes wrong...
        Bitcoin price: Police find giant bitcoin ‘mine’ during warehouse drug raid (news.com.au)
        "Police were stunned to find a bitcoin “mine” stealing thousands of kilograms of electricity during a suspected warehouse drug raid."

Presumably their software interpreted "pounds" as mass rather than currency.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          I thought it was AtW ... he needs to do something with all those AMD computers he's bought
          The trouble with buying options is having to take delivery if you don't shift them in time

Comment

Working...
          X