• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freedom Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'll be the day I can sniff the turnips and fondle the melons at my local branch of Lidl, without having to wear a face mask, surrounded by the chavs and assorted London over-spill of the area.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
      Titi bars opening up.
      We will get lockdowns for a long time , there are also going to be climate lockdowns

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
        It'll be the day I can sniff the turnips and fondle the chavs and assorted London over-spill of the area.
        Each to their own, i guess.

Comment

Well we are planning to go and see Peter Rabbit 2 at the cinema.

Gym, Swimming, gymnastics, Brownies open again.

Miss V2 went to the harvester last night and came back tired & emotional.

Its about as normal as it will get for a while.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorp1 View Post

We will get lockdowns for a long time , there are also going to be climate lockdowns
            Hope you are not implying that they raise the temperature of the planet...

Comment

Originally posted by Scorp1 View Post

That is definitely on the cards. There will be an annual carbon allowance, and if it is exceeded, there will be lockdowns, smart meters will limit energy and cut of those that exceed it. Food rationing, banning of animal products, limits to clothing.

But to prevent the climate catastrophe, I welcome all of this, and hope the govt does the right thing here.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/wor...ys-2021-05-14/
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

That is definitely on the cards. There will be an annual carbon allowance, and if it is exceeded, there will be lockdowns, smart meters will limit energy and cut of those that exceed it. Food rationing, banning of animal products, limits to clothing.

But to prevent the climate catastrophe, I welcome all of this, and hope the govt does the right thing here.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/wor...ys-2021-05-14/
                Then we will progress to like "Logan's Run"

Get to 30 and you are recycled .

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post

Yes, I don't believe any of this will happen. We've been listening to doom laden portents about the "New Normal" right through this pandemic and now it looks like they are rolling back all around the world. The much vaulted Green Pass in Israel, for instance, (which was going to serve as a blueprint for us) has now been scrapped.

I predict a full return to normality - apart from a small minority that will continue to wear masks even after the mandate has been lifted.

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post

I think that is a good long term plan to save the planet. I'm sure the next virus to accidentally escape from a viral research lab will be better targeted.
                    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

I think that is a good long term plan to save the planet. I'm sure the next virus to accidentally escape from a viral research lab will be better targeted.
                      I wouldn't worry too much about that. Covid will probably still be with us 5 years from now but with potentially stronger mutations. There isn't a strong incentive to stop it as you see. More to patch an attempt...

Comment

Working...
                      X