• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you're coming down to Cornwall this summer...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post

All inclusive?
    No, the spiders cost extra.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      No, the spiders cost extra.
      An arm and 8 legs...

Comment

Wrong - expect mass cancellations (without refunds?) due to new lockdown in Aug-Sep timeframe.
        Yes. I've been reading about hotels and guest houses that are taking zero-deposit bookings. Absolutely crazy. At least take £50 to cover your admin efforts.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
          ...be prepared for hell.

Pretty much anything, which is even vaguely habitable, is booked solid until the end of October.

If you haven't booked already, forget it. Although I did hear about a static caravan that still has some availability. Just £6000 for a week. I kid you not.

Expect massive price gouging, pubs and restaurants rammed, and queues for everything.

And as for the A30 on Fridays and Saturdays. Think car park.

Have a great holiday!
          Sounds like St. Ives every summer I'd forgotten how bad that was until we took a friend a few years back... it's like Piccadilly Circus with seagulls!
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Sounds like St. Ives every summer I'd forgotten how bad that was until we took a friend a few years back... it's like Piccadilly Circus with seagulls!
            not anymore since they have the OLEZ. Piccadilly Circus is now cleaner and quieter

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

Yes. I've been reading about hotels and guest houses that are taking zero-deposit bookings. Absolutely crazy. At least take £50 to cover your admin efforts.
              There have also been cases where holiday cottages have cancelled bookings and then re-advertised the weeks at much higher prices. I also heard of someone turning up at a cottage, where they'd already paid in full, and the owner demanding more money before they'd hand over the keys.

What's even more galling to locals, is that £133m of Cornwall's Covid Aid has been claimed by these 2nd home owners. (£18,000 per property)

https://cornishstuff.com/2021/02/26/...ornish-holiday
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

There have also been cases where holiday cottages have cancelled bookings and then re-advertised the weeks at much higher prices. I also heard of someone turning up at a cottage, where they'd already paid in full, and the owner demanding more money before they'd hand over the keys.

What's even more galling to locals, is that £133m of Cornwall's Covid Aid has been claimed by these 2nd home owners. (£18,000 per property)

https://cornishstuff.com/2021/02/26/...ornish-holiday
                They'll have to be careful doing that. Remember the fuel crisis and the price-jacking? Locals did and one petrol station near us shut down not long after jacking prices up.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

In terms of the Covid payments, they should present three years of letting accounts - average initial profit (basic revenue minus costs) should be the size of the grant.

If someone pays back an amount (say £8k out of the £18k) that demonstrates the above, it'll put pressure on the rest far more than paying it all back.

Comment

All inclusive?
                    you only have to have sex with the landlord apparently.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      In terms of the Covid payments, they should present three years of letting accounts - average initial profit (basic revenue minus costs) should be the size of the grant.

If someone pays back an amount (say £8k out of the £18k) that demonstrates the above, it'll put pressure on the rest far more than paying it all back.
                      I had never realised previously that you could register your property for BR rather than council tax. Curious.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X