• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Remember when we discouraged celebrities from smoking in public...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember when we discouraged celebrities from smoking in public...

...as it only encouraged young people to take up something we knew was harmful.

So it is really ethical for the BBC to publicise the endless array of stars with long histories of mental ilness to now seemingly be 'cured' by whatever gibberish they are clinging to for sanity?

Demi Lovato seems to be the latest one.

And when kids are all nervous wrecks after a year of the Wuhan terror, do they really have to get Ellen Page's "my life was terrible until I got my norks chopped off, now it's all sunshine and flowers." story shoved in front of them for a week?

Anyway we should start a sweepstake on who is next, my money is on Grenade O'Connor. Ticks all the boxes. Islam isn't the end of her 'journey'.

Haven't heard of most of the people you mention, but it sounds like you're thinking along the right lines
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Demi's not been the same since her first OD. Now has shoulders that could take down a mid-card WWE wrestler.

O'Connor - shunning Catholicism and takes up an even more controlling one.

Wonder if Page knows they'll now be completed disregarded as a white male American?
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Is grandma O'Connor really a role model for young people? Never heard of the other two, so I guess they probably are!
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Demi Tomato sings the single version of "let it go" from Frozen.

Surviving Vietnam war POWs probably have better outcomes than teenage Disney stars.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Demi Lovato seems to be the latest one. ...
            Ah right, I thought the name sounded vaguely familiar, There was a Mail Online article on her yesterday.

She (whoever she is) has announced she would like to be referred to hereafter as "they", as if she is a multitude or a swarm of bees!

Or is she, no wait were they, originally a "he"?

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Demi Tomato sings the single version of "let it go" from Frozen.

Surviving Vietnam war POWs probably have better outcomes than teenage Disney stars.
              Easy access to drugs, influenced by those a few years older and wiser, became a car crash waiting to happen. Shame.

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Ah right, I thought the name sounded vaguely familiar, There was a Mail Online article on her yesterday.

She (whoever she is) has announced she would like to be referred to hereafter as "they", as if she is a multitude or a swarm of bees!

Definitely originally a she and a very good looking one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	800px-Demi_Lovato%2C_Future_Now_2016_%28Cropped%29.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	4163443
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Judging by the size of them, they eat for several...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

That would infer it's an option and if you don't she'll be OK with it. Just like I'd like to get the jiggy on with Salma Hayek but it's likely that won't happen so I'll live with it.
                  But I bet that won't be the case.

This non binary stuff is an utter minefield. Chance of not offending someone one at some point in the future by mistake even if you are trying your best is absolute zero

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Just like I'd like to get the jiggy on with Salma Hayek but it's likely that won't happen so I'll live with it.
                    If you're thinking of her back when she was in From Dusk Till Dawn, she's "matured" a bit since then.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                    X