• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Remember when we discouraged celebrities from smoking in public..."

Collapse

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    One way to save the planet, I suppose, if everyone starts getting their bits chopped off and having reassignment surgery.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Sunshine and flowers...

Elliot Page: Actor wins praise for sharing swimming shorts image after top surgery - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Just like I'd like to get the jiggy on with Salma Hayek but it's likely that won't happen so I'll live with it.
    If you're thinking of her back when she was in From Dusk Till Dawn, she's "matured" a bit since then.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    She (whoever she is) has announced she would like to be referred to hereafter as "they", as if she is a multitude or a swarm of bees!
    That would infer it's an option and if you don't she'll be OK with it. Just like I'd like to get the jiggy on with Salma Hayek but it's likely that won't happen so I'll live with it.
    But I bet that won't be the case.

This non binary stuff is an utter minefield. Chance of not offending someone one at some point in the future by mistake even if you are trying your best is absolute zero

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied

Ah right, I thought the name sounded vaguely familiar, There was a Mail Online article on her yesterday.

She (whoever she is) has announced she would like to be referred to hereafter as "they", as if she is a multitude or a swarm of bees!

Or is she, no wait were they, originally a "he"?
    Judging by the size of them, they eat for several...

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Demi Tomato sings the single version of "let it go" from Frozen.

Surviving Vietnam war POWs probably have better outcomes than teenage Disney stars.
    Easy access to drugs, influenced by those a few years older and wiser, became a car crash waiting to happen. Shame.

Ah right, I thought the name sounded vaguely familiar, There was a Mail Online article on her yesterday.

Definitely originally a she and a very good looking one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	800px-Demi_Lovato%2C_Future_Now_2016_%28Cropped%29.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	4163443

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Demi Lovato seems to be the latest one. ...

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Demi Tomato sings the single version of "let it go" from Frozen.

Surviving Vietnam war POWs probably have better outcomes than teenage Disney stars.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Is grandma O'Connor really a role model for young people? Never heard of the other two, so I guess they probably are!

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Demi's not been the same since her first OD. Now has shoulders that could take down a mid-card WWE wrestler.

O'Connor - shunning Catholicism and takes up an even more controlling one.

Wonder if Page knows they'll now be completed disregarded as a white male American?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Haven't heard of most of the people you mention, but it sounds like you're thinking along the right lines

Leave a comment:

• Remember when we discouraged celebrities from smoking in public...

...as it only encouraged young people to take up something we knew was harmful.

So it is really ethical for the BBC to publicise the endless array of stars with long histories of mental ilness to now seemingly be 'cured' by whatever gibberish they are clinging to for sanity?

Demi Lovato seems to be the latest one.

And when kids are all nervous wrecks after a year of the Wuhan terror, do they really have to get Ellen Page's "my life was terrible until I got my norks chopped off, now it's all sunshine and flowers." story shoved in front of them for a week?

Anyway we should start a sweepstake on who is next, my money is on Grenade O'Connor. Ticks all the boxes. Islam isn't the end of her 'journey'.

Working...
X