• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cornwallis Payment Terms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cornwallis Payment Terms

I've just been offered a contract via the Cornwallis agency. They've just told me their payment terms, that when I submit a timesheet for the end of the month, eg: 30-June, they won't pay the invoice until 31-July, a whole month later.

In more than 25years of contracting, I've never come across such lousy payment terms. My last contract was direct with a client, but can anyone else confirm this is now the norm for agencies?

Anyone else with Cornwallis and on better payment terms?

Note: this will be an inside IR35 contract, via an umbrella, not that I think that matters to the above question.

You may also find out that they have asked client co to pay a month in advance.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Try going direct, the quickest I've been paid is the same day and the latest around 9 months after the invoice. Also had invoices paid twice and all manner of other issues but that's what being business rather than being an employee is about. However with agencies they're acting as a factoring agent so should pay quickly to justify their fees

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
        Try going direct, the quickest I've been paid is the same day and the latest around 9 months after the invoice. Also had invoices paid twice and all manner of other issues but that's what being business rather than being an employee is about. However with agencies they're acting as a factoring agent so should pay quickly to justify their fees
        Totally agree, if this was an outside IR35 contract - I'd just have to take their payment terms. But being 'inside', as a 'deemed employee', paying me a whole month later is not treating me like the 'employee' they say I am.

Comment

Ask Mel Gibson to get your Payback

Comment

Ah so you aren't a contractor anymore then so forget what you've not come across in 25 years. New world innit.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

feck me 180 day payment terms, lube up!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I've seen better, but these are pretty much standard payment terms for most agencies

Comment

I’m also with Cornwallis via an Umbrella and on the same payment terms as you, get paid on the last working day of the month for the previous months invoice. Never really gave it much thought to be honest, just assumed that was standard. If it’s any consolation there’s never been a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Heathmount View Post
                    If it’s any consolation there’s never been a problem.
                    I've worked through them and they have been fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X