• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • FREE webinar: What does a post IR35 reform CV look like? : Wed, Jul 28, 2021 7:15 PM - 8:15 PM BST More details here.

DVLA, Another Timewaster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    DVLA, Another Timewaster

    You can renew your driving licence on-line, until it gets to the last page after giving all required information: "If you want to keep your entitlement to drive 3.5 to 7.5 tonne vehicles and towing a trailer you cannot apply on-line. If you wish to drive cars only, you can proceed."
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

    #2
    I am not even joking. I am waiting for my driving license back for 2 months now and I have the regular B one.
    Wanted to do a simple address update FFS.

    Contacted support multiple times, very reassuring the people there but they ended up not helping.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
      I am not even joking. I am waiting for my driving license back for 2 months now and I have the regular B one.
      Wanted to do a simple address update FFS.

      Contacted support multiple times, very reassuring the people there but they ended up not helping.
      I've been waiting for my renewal (10 yr expiry) since early March.
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

        I've been waiting for my renewal (10 yr expiry) since early March.
        And I was the one getting paranoid the tories have brought "the hostile environment" and want to strip people with already flimsy documents (settled status being an online thingy) from other documents they might have.

        It is re-assuring to see other people have issues.

        Comment


          #5
          As a non UK passport holder I always have to send them my passport and can't renew on-line. Because of Corona it took me 4 months to get my passport back (last year May). As I will soon move house I will have to get my address changed and will have to send them my passport again
          Слава Україні! Героям слава!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
            As a non UK passport holder I always have to send them my passport and can't renew on-line. Because of Corona it took me 4 months to get my passport back (last year May). As I will soon move house I will have to get my address changed and will have to send them my passport again
            DVLA doesn't issue passports, and UK passports don't have address entry.
            Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
            Inertia, however........................

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by BR14 View Post

              DVLA doesn't issue passports, and UK passports don't have address entry.
              you have to send in your passport as proof of ID which is returned once they issue your driving license. You might have an ID card from your citizenship country(which you could otherwise use) albeit you have to return that back as well if you have residency in a different country.
              So most people are stuck without passport before their driving license is processed.

              I was not required to post mine but had already a valid driving license and had done the exact same thing 1 year ago and it took at most 1 week. It could be that they are overwhelmed this time arround.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by BR14 View Post

                DVLA doesn't issue passports, and UK passports don't have address entry.
                Both true. Both irrelevant. Are you a sockie for HugeBrain? Or GigiBronz...

                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Both true. Both irrelevant. Are you a sockie for HugeBrain? Or GigiBronz...
                  relevant to the post i replied to, you pompous arse.
                  Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
                  Inertia, however........................

                  Comment


                    #10
                    They are quite thoughtful actually - if you change your vehicle address, you can only do between certain times, even the web server gets a break:

                    https://www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle


                    This service is available from 7am to 8pm.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X