• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "DVLA, Another Timewaster"

Collapse

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

I've been waiting for my renewal (10 yr expiry) since early March.
    And it arrived yesterday

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Finally got mine on 6th of June from initially submitting all the information (update of address, no other details required) on 10th of March.

Took a bit of time but finally there.

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    I've just been in touch with them over the phone, they can't seem to find the case number that I have been using for weeks with the email conversation.

Either their system crashed or they are deliberately trying to do this to people. Anyway it is a mess.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post

relevant to the post i replied to,
    Not really, you friendly caring man.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Mine came through in a week in November last year. Maybe all that enforced office working killed off the good folk in Swansea

Leave a comment:

• KackAttack
    replied
    They are quite thoughtful actually - if you change your vehicle address, you can only do between certain times, even the web server gets a break:

https://www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle

This service is available from 7am to 8pm.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Both true. Both irrelevant. Are you a sockie for HugeBrain? Or GigiBronz...
    relevant to the post i replied to, you pompous arse.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

DVLA doesn't issue passports, and UK passports don't have address entry.
    Both true. Both irrelevant. Are you a sockie for HugeBrain? Or GigiBronz...

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied

you have to send in your passport as proof of ID which is returned once they issue your driving license. You might have an ID card from your citizenship country(which you could otherwise use) albeit you have to return that back as well if you have residency in a different country.
    So most people are stuck without passport before their driving license is processed.

I was not required to post mine but had already a valid driving license and had done the exact same thing 1 year ago and it took at most 1 week. It could be that they are overwhelmed this time arround.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
    As a non UK passport holder I always have to send them my passport and can't renew on-line. Because of Corona it took me 4 months to get my passport back (last year May). As I will soon move house I will have to get my address changed and will have to send them my passport again

Leave a comment:

• MasterBait
    replied
    As a non UK passport holder I always have to send them my passport and can't renew on-line. Because of Corona it took me 4 months to get my passport back (last year May). As I will soon move house I will have to get my address changed and will have to send them my passport again

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied

And I was the one getting paranoid the tories have brought "the hostile environment" and want to strip people with already flimsy documents (settled status being an online thingy) from other documents they might have.

It is re-assuring to see other people have issues.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    I am not even joking. I am waiting for my driving license back for 2 months now and I have the regular B one.
    Wanted to do a simple address update FFS.

Contacted support multiple times, very reassuring the people there but they ended up not helping.

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    I am not even joking. I am waiting for my driving license back for 2 months now and I have the regular B one.
    Wanted to do a simple address update FFS.

Contacted support multiple times, very reassuring the people there but they ended up not helping.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    started a topic DVLA, Another Timewaster

DVLA, Another Timewaster

You can renew your driving licence on-line, until it gets to the last page after giving all required information: "If you want to keep your entitlement to drive 3.5 to 7.5 tonne vehicles and towing a trailer you cannot apply on-line. If you wish to drive cars only, you can proceed."

Working...
X