• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are badly paid jobs funner?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post

Ok mr/mrs hugebrain.

Please detail how you can get from £70K to 130K on benefits?

Lets have some numbers please. As you keep posting on this forum about 6 figures for benefits.

I think you are trolling or talking b#####ks personally prove me wrong.

Firstly Malissa, your questions are annoying and you will never be a real woman.
    There are perfectly good numbers in my post which you even quoted, so why ask again?

Anyway, it works like this. Unemployment insurance pays out the equivalent of a £ninety-something-thousand a year job. This makes it tricky for the unemployed to earn more than their benefits. So the powers that be, in their wisdom, decided that nobody working should earn less than they would get in benefits. Therefore they get to keep half of anything they earn if they take a job that pays less than the benefits amount. So, taking an 70,000 a year job pays the 90-something-thousand + 35,000 which is the same as a £130,000 a year job.

The consensus seems that it’s better to take the 130,000 job since it will be higher status and you might even have some peons to do the actual work.

I’m still thinking it might be better to take the £70,000 a year job. Especially if you can blag something like train driving which is fun and mindless.

Comment

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post

Firstly Malissa, your questions are annoying and you will never be a real woman.
      There are perfectly good numbers in my post which you even quoted, so why ask again?

Anyway, it works like this. Unemployment insurance pays out the equivalent of a £ninety-something-thousand a year job. This makes it tricky for the unemployed to earn more than their benefits. So the powers that be, in their wisdom, decided that nobody working should earn less than they would get in benefits. Therefore they get to keep half of anything they earn if they take a job that pays less than the benefits amount. So, taking an 70,000 a year job pays the 90-something-thousand + 35,000 which is the same as a £130,000 a year job.

The consensus seems that it’s better to take the 130,000 job since it will be higher status and you might even have some peons to do the actual work.

I’m still thinking it might be better to take the £70,000 a year job. Especially if you can blag something like train driving which is fun and mindless.

So it is unemployment insurance, obviously a good policy and not state benefits which you was implying earlier.

Maybe English is not your first language, and if so I apologise. But in the UK benefits normally implies State Benefits not an insurance pay out.

If the individual is receiving that king of remuneration then well done sit back and retire. Why work unless the policy runs out and you have to work again.

Comment

So it is unemployment insurance, obviously a good policy and not state benefits which you was implying earlier.

Maybe English is not your first language, and if so I apologise. But in the UK benefits normally implies State Benefits not an insurance pay out.

If the individual is receiving that king of remuneration then well done sit back and retire. Why work unless the policy runs out and you have to work again.
        It’s from the State, but called insurance. A bit like National Insurance which you may have heard of? It doesn’t pay out if you don’t look for work.

Comment

It’s from the State, but called insurance. A bit like National Insurance which you may have heard of? It doesn’t pay out if you don’t look for work.
          You say it's State Benefits ... can you link to the UK government page that covers this and backs up your numbers?
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by tinybrain View Post

Pot kettle black. (Being annoying - not being a real woman. Are you a transphobe?).

Anyway, it works like this. Unemployment insurance pays out the equivalent of a £ninety-something-thousand a year job
            Originally posted by tinybrain; View Post

OK - what country are you in? In the UK*, Job Seekers Allowance (as unemployment benefit is called) is £74.70 a week. That's about £3900 a year. Old style contributions based JSA was £74.35 or £116.80 as a couple.

Or are you one of these moaning idiots who confuse progressive tax rates with benefits?

If you don't start producing some kind of evidence for your wild claims, I'm going to assume you're trolling.

*<smug>80% up to £9600 a month in some places for two years</smug>
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Never been called female before. It you saw me you would realise that. Balding old bloke

Anyway I think this thread has run it's course. Bit like a disease.

Comment

Never been called female before. It you saw me you would realise that. Balding old bloke

Anyway I think this thread has run it's course. Bit like a disease.
                Tinybrain either didn't notice "Mall Is A Real Person", or was trying to do a funny like this:
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Tinybrain either didn't notice "Mall Is A Real Person", or was trying to do a funny like this:
                  Or he's a thick troll ...
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Or he's a thick troll ...
                    New to Frozen? They're all thick.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X