• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sign the client is a timewaster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

It's really hard to make flipping burgers sound different at MacD's vs BK
    We had a few laughs at Little Chef and Bernie inns. A Mate's claim to fame is he lasted 45 minutes at MaccyDs including a 15 minute break.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It's really hard to make flipping burgers sound different at MacD's vs BK
      Flame grilled? Coke vs Pepsi? Whopper vs BigMc, you have plenty to go on
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

We had a few laughs at Little Chef and Bernie inns. A Mate's claim to fame is he lasted 45 minutes at MaccyDs including a 15 minute break.
        I worked at a little chef for a while. Only evenings and weekends as I was at school at time. Didn't stay for very long, probably only about 3 or 4 months.

Comment

Got approached by the internal hiring team from a company. Their recruitment process looks like this:

Our hiring process will take an average of 10 days:

Stage 1 - Phone Interview - 20min
          Stage 2 - Take Home Technical Challenge - 2h
          Stage 3 - Technical interview - 90 min
          Stage 4 - Planning & Delivery Interview - 60min
          Stage 5 - Meet the CTO or Engineering Manager
          Stage 6 - Meet the team

What a wonderful time to be alive.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
            Got approached by the internal hiring team from a company. Their recruitment process looks like this:

Our hiring process will take an average of 10 days:

Stage 1 - Phone Interview - 20min
            Stage 2 - Take Home Technical Challenge - 2h
            Stage 3 - Technical interview - 90 min
            Stage 4 - Planning & Delivery Interview - 60min
            Stage 5 - Meet the CTO or Engineering Manager
            Stage 6 - Meet the team

What a wonderful time to be alive.
            Are all 31 year olds such whingers, or are you an exception? If you want a job, roll up your sleeves and get on with it. If not, stop complaining.

You're a contractor. You run a company. It takes work for a company to win new business. See the interview process as a sales process, that's all. Or think like a permie and see it as a job interview.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Just randomly put half the cvs in the bin. You don't want to employ anyone who is unlucky.
              Oy! That's my gag! (although I pinched it off someone else )
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

He probably did no one takes notice of the list of technologies on the bottom of the CV, what you look at is the project experience.
                No human may do, but computers do, which is why it is worth listing every major python module or .Net add-on etc you have ever used, for keyword searches

In my experience, the obscure technologes, such as SNMP, are especially well-worth including as these can put you above the crowd
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

No human may do, but computers do, which is why it is worth listing every major python module or .Net add-on etc you have ever used, for keyword searches

In my experience, the obscure technologes, such as SNMP, are especially well-worth including as these can put you above the crowd
                  ohh SNMP putting me above the crowd ooooh!

Comment

I worked at a little chef for a while. Only evenings and weekends as I was at school at time. Didn't stay for very long, probably only about 3 or 4 months.
                    always mention it, apparently being willing to take tulip from feckwits makes me special.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

always mention it, apparently being willing to take tulip from feckwits makes me special.
                      That's not the only thing that makes you 'special'
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X