• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mid life Crisis pt 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Eminently nickable though I imagine.

Your garage must have been surrounded by a twenty foot barbed wire topped fence, with watch towers at each corner, and dobermanns patrolling the perimeter 24-7
    Until I can afford ex-SAS to guard it 27/4, I can't risk getting another GTi.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Gone in 6 seconds

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Contractors aspiring to drive a Ford - this is far cry from CUK Classic Contractor Lifestyle threads

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Contractors aspiring to drive a Ford - this is far cry from CUK Classic Contractor Lifestyle threads

Its not been the same since we hit the wall!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

Don't contemplate it, I was doing that and then I was burgled for my GTi. I hope you have also disabled/moved that OBD port, that is a massive weakness in all Fords. The local plod told me, for a ford you might as well put your keys on a hook outside your house they had that much trouble with them.

I have Ghost + Tracker, + Disklok, massive peace of mind. You have a very nice car, you will be a target for the scum.

Edit: And once you have car security done, sort out your home security. Then your personal security.

qh
            I live in a little village, in a private cul-de-sac of only 4 houses and away from view from the street. No chance of anyone spotting the car as an opportunist theft, but that obviously doesn't preclude being followed home, or having it nicked from a public car park. But it's insured so if it is nicked it will be midly vexing, but not the end of the world. And you only live once, so until it's nicked (and I do expect someone to try to nick it at some stage) i'll have some fun with it

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

I live in a little village, in a private cul-de-sac of only 4 houses and away from view from the street. No chance of anyone spotting the car as an opportunist theft, but that obviously doesn't preclude being followed home, or having it nicked from a public car park. But it's insured so if it is nicked it will be midly vexing, but not the end of the world. And you only live once, so until it's nicked (and I do expect someone to try to nick it at some stage) i'll have some fun with it
              That's why Ghost is worth it, you just throw them the keys whilst you run away and phone the police. They ain't taking it. And a tracker just in case they try and stick it on a low-loader.

qh

He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

You will be okay as long as you don't live in some tuliphole like Birmingham.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/new...-steal-9530080

Comment

Here is what another Esteemed CUK Member considered when he had his mid-life crisis some years ago -

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...-am-i-gay.html

Comment

Here is what another Esteemed CUK Member considered when he had his mid-life crisis some years ago -

I like a beard on a woman it gives me something to hold onto?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Crikey what a fruit loop. Horrible car.

Comment

Working...
                      X