• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job resignation!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Gricer

Comment

The agency fees have nothing to do with you.
      Hand in notice as the contract provides for.
      The client might get arsey with the agency and you might get a call from them. Either don't answer the call or do and tell the agency to **** off nicely just in case you need to work with said agency in future.
      Job done. Move on to the next thing.
      Former IPSE member
      My Website

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Foget the agents fees and what the company paid. Nothing to do with you and it's just the way the world works.

You check your contract to see what your notice period says. You then hand your notice in, just a mail/or letter saying you'd like to leave and are giving your notice as per your contract. Work your notice and leave. It's as simple as that.

Dovetailing a new job might be an issue if you've a long notice but no company wants someone around that doesn't want to be there so they are likely to be flexible and let you go as soon as a new job starts.

It's not a difficult process. If you have any problems then just speak to your HR.
        This exactly. Either you try to resolve your difficulties with management, or you leave. Nothing else to do. Best get a job lined up before resigning. Unless UK law has radically changed in the last few years, it's very hard to enforce a notice period that's longer than your pay period - i.e. usually a month.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Great,. I'm gonna last it out til after Xmas and then leave , it will be a year or just over a year since I started there , I won't feel to bad about going then. By Jan the job markets will have picked up .... Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Scorp1 View Post
            Great,. I'm gonna last it out till after Xmas and then leave, it will be a year or just over a year since I started there
            I wouldn't wait. If something good comes up, just take it.

Your employer should be able to claim back some of the agency fees if you last less than a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorp1 View Post

No,. Who is DimPrawn a former member of this site ?
              Yes, he went over to the dark side at about the same time as you and hasn't been around here for a few months.

But my post was a joke really, because many peoples' posting styles are pretty characteristic and it was fairly obvious you aren't him.

Good luck getting out of your job.

I could never go permie because it's taken me twenty years to train my mother not to ask "how's your job?". So if I did, it would probably take another twenty to stop her saying "How's your contract!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Yes, he went over to the dark side at about the same time as you and hasn't been around here for a few months.

But my post was a joke really, because many peoples' posting styles are pretty characteristic and it was fairly obvious you aren't him.

Good luck getting out of your job.

I could never go permie because it's taken me twenty years to train my mother not to ask "how's your job?". So if I did, it would probably take another twenty to stop her saying "How's your contract!
                Hahaha I should have stayed contract - it's much more flexible !

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAccountant View Post

I wouldn't wait. If something good comes up, just take it.

Your employer should be able to claim back some of the agency fees if you last less than a year.

Ok ..... I have no employment contract either verball or in writing ..... 2 weeks notice would you say !

Comment

Working...
                  X