• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job resignation!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job resignation!

Hi,. I started a new job in July 2020 via an agency for a full time position with a company . Things started well , but the last few months I've not been really happy there , I found out recently that the company paid £7k for the agency's fees for the company to take me on. I do feel quite bad about this but I want to get out of there , just wanted some advice on this and how to go about it .

Find a new job & resign.

I did much the same thing way back when but it only took me 3 weeks to realise the place was a tuliphole.

They were quite upset.

I wasn't.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Thank you, this is how I find the company, a tuliphole....some of the stuff they do is an utter Shambles

Comment

Advice - start your own agency.

Comment

As my contract was canned due to Covid April last year, I took on a perm role, which turned out to be in an absolute tuliphole as well. The agency was paid almost 10k in fees for which I absolutely don't care.
          As I got a contract offer just in time before my probation period ended I gave the required two weeks notice and started working on that new contract immediately during my notice period and had a nice double income for those two weeks.

Comment

Eirikur,. Many thanks for the reply , that is greatly appreciated.....I'm going to sit this tuliphole out until after Xmas and bin it in Jan/Feb , for the job I'm in the markets will probably get better and I will have more options then .

Comment

Foget the agents fees and what the company paid. Nothing to do with you and it's just the way the world works.

You check your contract to see what your notice period says. You then hand your notice in, just a mail/or letter saying you'd like to leave and are giving your notice as per your contract. Work your notice and leave. It's as simple as that.

Dovetailing a new job might be an issue if you've a long notice but no company wants someone around that doesn't want to be there so they are likely to be flexible and let you go as soon as a new job starts.

It's not a difficult process. If you have any problems then just speak to your HR.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Foget the agents fees and what the company paid. Nothing to do with you and it's just the way the world works.

You check your contract to see what your notice period says. You then hand your notice in, just a mail/or letter saying you'd like to leave and are giving your notice as per your contract. Work your notice and leave. It's as simple as that.

Dovetailing a new job might be an issue if you've a long notice but no company wants someone around that doesn't want to be there so they are likely to be flexible and let you go as soon as a new job starts.

It's not a difficult process. If you have any problems then just speak to your HR.
                Thanks. The company I work for hasn't given me a written or verbal contract . He said 3 months trial period and see how it goes . I've been there 10 months now

Comment

Originally posted by Scorp1 View Post
                  Hi,. I started a new job in July 2020 via an agency for a full time position with a company . Things started well , but the last few months I've not been really happy there , I found out recently that the company paid £7k for the agency's fees for the company to take me on. I do feel quite bad about this but I want to get out of there , just wanted some advice on this and how to go about it .
                  Is that you DimPrawn? Welcome back!
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Is that you DimPrawn? Welcome back!
                    No,. Who is DimPrawn a former member of this site ?

Comment

Working...
                    X