• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Midlife crisis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midlife crisis

Go on, who has had one and anything you would like to share with those about to have one? Not quite at the fancy red car or new spouse stage yet.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesc...h=2b71481f573c
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    who has had one [?]
    I wish "one" was as many as I've had. "Several" is closer to the mark in my case - and still gaining the scars!

Comment

Never had one, and don't know what all the fuss is about.

Maybe I'm just young at heart, and will have my first midlife crisis when I'm 90!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

No. Can't say I have.

Or maybe I just didn't recognise it/them.

The only 'upheaval' I had was deciding to move out of Sussex and up to that London. Best thing I ever did, I'd say.

However, I tend to act quickly whenever I decide to do something. If I spend too long thinking, I tend to do nothing.

Comment

I had one of those, spent 10 years doing OU, and now barely got anything left to have crisis with
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
            I had one of those, spent 10 years doing OU, and now barely got anything left to have crisis with
            The OU is bloody expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

The OU is bloody expensive.
              Oh the innocence.....
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Currently a lot unmotivated, without purpose, I don't think its me, just naff employers.

Maybe its odd to ask that in a multimillion business transformation project with a 18 month term the team should use a project management methodology rather than calling it agile and making it up as you go along. Hiring an Expert who wants to Sinatra it (I did it My way) who resigns after he has told everyone it is possible in the timeline, he then moves on to a new employer before we actually start work. Also the atrocious way they have treated the staff during the project its nuts.

So my crisis is solved by deciding to phone it in until the grown ups come to their senses, I am not holding my breath. I'm not having a coronary because of these muppets.

Sort of mid life crisis, I lost it a few years ago (suspected heart attack) and decided to change , the above would have haunted me, now I mostly manage to contain my laughter. Snuggling up with Miss V3 watching Barbie / Monster high is where it is now. Glasses of wine in the sunshine with Mrs V and awful jokes with the other girls. I also have a lathe, welder, plasma cutter and more tools than any man should have.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Stop being in denial and buy a Ferrari

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Stop being in denial and buy a Ferrari
                    The new Roma is affordable and driveable according to Xog's prophet (JC). And I have been in and recognise every street in it's advert!

Comment

Working...
                    X