• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Midlife crisis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    Go on, who has had one and anything you would like to share with those about to have one? Not quite at the fancy red car or new spouse stage yet.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesc...h=2b71481f573c
    A lot of those are not mid life crisis but signs of depression.

A mid life crisis is more about realising one is no longer young, trying to be sexy, do "sexy" and exciting things. Often with a 3rd party involved.

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
      The new Roma is affordable and driveable according to Xog's prophet (JC). And I have been in and recognise every street in it's advert!
      Front engine in a Ferrari?

Only OK if it's V12

NEXT!

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

A lot of those are not mid life crisis but signs of depression.

A mid life crisis is more about realising one is no longer young, trying to be sexy, do "sexy" and exciting things. Often with a 3rd party involved.
        Been there done that to everyone's satisfaction!

Too big for a Ferrari!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Been there done that to everyone's satisfaction!

Too big for a Ferrari!
          It usually involves expensive flash cars, superbikes, contact sports, a lot of time down the gym, lads holidays (even though you are 40+ and married), new designer wardrobe, watches and gold chains, dental work, hair transplants...

I know this from a mate of mine who ended up divorced and without his flash Audi motor.

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
            I know this from a mate of mine who ended up divorced and without his flash Audi motor.
            Churchy?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              The only 'upheaval' I had was deciding to move out of Sussex and up to that London. Best thing I ever did, I'd say.
              why did your decide to move ?
              I am planning to do the same. 15 years at the current location and i am going mad due to boredom.
              Last edited by Andy2; 28 April 2021, 16:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                why did your decide to move ?
                I am planning to do the same. 15 years at the current location and i am going mad due to boredom.
                Multiple reasons really. I had never really settled in the house I was living in (my Mum says that was evident because I never put any pictures up) despite living in it for 10 years. I have always liked London, which helps. All my work is here or within a far more reasonable commuting distance. I did feel like I was stagnating and even if I decided I didn't like it, I felt I needed to give it a good try.

The year before I moved to London I went to New Zealand on my own for three weeks for a recce trip to see if that was where I should spend a few years; it was never my intention to permanently move there. Decided NZ was far too quiet but I loved my few days stop over in Singapore. That helped me settle on moving out of a dead end seaside town and to a proper city (i.e not Brighton) prompting me to get organised, selling up and moving within a year of that trip. I viewed over 40 flats in various parts of London before settling on Kensington and then narrowing it down to my first flat up here. It was a good place to live and test if I liked the area and hadn't grossly underestimated the cost of living here. I then moved after just over two years to where I am now and have been happily settled (pictures on the wall!) for nearly four and a half years.

The only negative is that I'm now renting but then I've never been all that bothered over whether I own or rent. I flip flop over whether I want to buy or not. Like everything else, I'll wake up one day and make a decision and just get on with it. Until then, I'm happy as things are.

Comment

The trick to not having a mid-life crisis is marrying and having kids later in life.

However, now I live in fear of looking after kids/paying mortgage off in my dotage. Solving one problem just leads to more I find.

Comment

Missed mine, must've had a gig that weekend

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                      The trick to not having a mid-life crisis is marrying and having kids later in life.

However, now I live in fear of looking after kids/paying mortgage off in my dotage. Solving one problem just leads to more I find.
                      Nah, the trick is marrying young and have kids early. No fear of looking after kids, plenty of cash and grandchildren before I reached 50.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X